California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Kittens for Adoption

Old 12-21-2010, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fujin,Dec 16 2010, 11:54 PM
Could be true. She is all brown, brown nose, brown wiskers, long snout and only 6-8 weeks old so could change. We'll see hard to tell with young ones. Rare color regardless of what she is. Definitely homozygous recessive for the color density gene.
Well if the brown one came from the same mother as the grey and white one, you can be 100% sure that it is not a havana brown, end of story.

I found a home for a brown feral kitten last spring along with his little grey and white sister and black brother. I was able to find her a great home without trying to falsely hype her up as one of the rarest cats in the world.

I don't think you understand how rare a havana brown cat actually is, or why I find it important to clarify when I see someone just throwing the name around.

It would be similar to how you would probably feel if you saw someone trying to pass off a salvaged rebuilt AP1 as a legit all original CR.

I spent months locating a reputable breeder and acquiring our bengal, which included the headache of dealing with idiots who were trying sell other kittens as bengal kittens because yes it is a little more difficult to tell what they are when they are kittens. Many people like to try to use this to their advantage when it comes to passing kittens off to people who haven't done their homework.

Cat business is serious business lol.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:27 PM

Old 12-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toofarfromjune,Dec 21 2010, 02:00 PM
Well if the brown one came from the same mother as the grey and white one, you can be 100% sure that it is not a havana brown, end of story.

I found a home for a brown feral kitten last spring along with his little grey and white sister and black brother. I was able to find her a great home without trying to falsely hype her up as one of the rarest cats in the world.

I don't think you understand how rare a havana brown cat actually is, or why I find it important to clarify when I see someone just throwing the name around.

It would be similar to how you would probably feel if you saw someone trying to pass off a salvaged rebuilt AP1 as a legit all original CR.

I spent months locating a reputable breeder and acquiring our bengal, which included the headache of dealing with idiots who were trying sell other kittens as bengal kittens because yes it is a little more difficult to tell what they are when they are kittens. Many people like to try to use this to their advantage when it comes to passing kittens off to people who haven't done their homework.

Cat business is serious business lol.
Wow...chill out. I already stated its probably not a Havana brown. Its just a cat. I'm a molecular geneticist and my fiance is a veterinarian. We just want these cats to find a home. Not to be harassed over something so trivial. Especially since the entire thing is not for profit. We aren't even SELLING them/ making any money....so relax.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fujin,Dec 21 2010, 09:32 PM
Wow...chill out. I already stated its probably not a Havana brown. Its just a cat. I'm a molecular geneticist and my fiance is a veterinarian. We just want these cats to find a home. Not to be harassed over something so trivial. Especially since the entire thing is not for profit. We aren't even SELLING them/ making any money....so relax.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Fujin,Dec 12 2010, 10:00 PM
If anyone is interested I have 2 8 week old female kittens, one a Havana brown and one a Grey and white up for adoption. They were feral and the fiance (she's a vet) and I snagged them up and cleaned them up and have been weening them back to healthy weight. We'd like to see them go to a good home, someone who really wants cats and knows cats.

They are still really young and scared and not used to people so we'll socialize them for now.

If you're interested PM me please. They'll need shots and to be spayed.

They're names are Maki and Miso.

PM me for more info.
This is difficult. My (last two died within the last 4 years) third cat is 18 years old. Losing pets is difficult when you've had them for many years....welll PM me pics anyway.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by friendlydacat,Dec 22 2010, 09:04 AM
This is difficult. My (last two died within the last 4 years) third cat is 18 years old. Losing pets is difficult when you've had them for many years....welll PM me pics anyway.
do it rob

it'll bring back the happy to be home!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Fujin,Dec 21 2010, 08:32 PM] Wow...chill out. I already stated its probably not a Havana brown. Its just a cat. I'm a molecular geneticist and my fiance is a veterinarian.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=toofarfromjune,Dec 22 2010, 02:56 PM] I don't really know how I can be any more "chill" while explaining my point of view in text, decrease font size to portray a whisper?

So now he/she is "just a cat" but once again there are people out there (not me) who are into cats just as much as people on this forum are into s2000's.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 AM

Quick Reply: Kittens for Adoption