California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Keep a look-out guys...

Old 04-22-2009, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^some things are easier said than done
Old 04-22-2009, 03:53 AM

well, only if you dont have the balls to do it.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by dagle,Apr 21 2009, 06:02 PM
damn that sucks

curious though, what would you guys have done? my friend and i spoke about this very subject before and we both thought our first instinct would be to run. It's not that it'd be the right thing to do or that its justifiable by any means but there's no other realistic option. Think about it, would you being there saying sorry help them in any way? and would going to jail yourself for however long help them either? dunno if you guys have thought it out before but honestly i would have done the same as the driver.
thats why kids like you should not have sports cars.......you should be driving a 350z instead......then its ok to kill older indian couples.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Supposedly, she is doing better and can have visitors.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM

It's crazy to think how all of us are literally one act away from having our lives changed forever, irrevocably. No matter how careful you are, if you hit somebody while driving, it can all be taken away from you.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 PM

Driving is f**king serious business, yet all the time we see people speeding, street racing, talking on the phone, playing with their ICE, reading, fixing makeup, etc.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DougS2k,Apr 22 2009, 10:35 AM
thats why kids like you should not have sports cars.......you should be driving a 350z instead......then its ok to kill older indian couples.
really now? you're gonna come out w/ that kid bullshit and then go and say I should drive a 350z? Where did I say it was OK to hit people?

I'm not defending the position of the ethics of hitting someone or who has the right to live and who doesn't, I'm defending the position of the fact that in this system called capitalism you're royally ****ED no matter how many times you apologize. So go ahead and say that you'd choose to stick around but guess what if we both got into the same situations guess who has the OPTION of turning himself in or taking time to think about the situation?

I don't think anyone who said bluntly that they'd stick around thought about the repercussions. What if your trial goes bad and you're at 25 to life, imagine that large chunk of your life is gone and stuck in a cell for a mistake or even someone else's mistake. Just imagine it for one second and I defy you to say that you wouldn't think about it twice. Maybe I'm just some "kid" with no morals, but if it happened already the **** is rotting away in a cell gonna do for a corpse?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dagle,Apr 22 2009, 03:21 PM
Maybe I'm just some "kid" with no morals, but if it happened already the **** is rotting away in a cell gonna do for a corpse?
I don't think "maybe" is in doubt here.

By your rationality, if I walk up to someone and blow their brains away with a gun, I shouldn't be responsible for my actions because after all, it's a corpse now. Why should I have to rot away in a cell. The whole idea behind a civilized society is one is responsible for ones actions, or why bother having laws that punish such behavior.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:57 PM

That's a weak and flawed example vu, there is intentionality there which makes for a HUGE difference. You're comparing homocide to manslaughter and I don't know about everyone else but I sure as hell wasn't talking about finding a biker on the road and running him over.

you can go ahead and put words in my mouth or blow things way out of proportion and hang me out to dry for it, in the end at least i know who i am. You can argue all the hell you want back and forth, the bottom line is that NO ONE would be able to make a solid decision in the event no matter how hard his testicles are.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Apr 22 2009, 02:48 PM
I don't think "maybe" is in doubt here.

By your rationality, if I walk up to someone and blow their brains away with a gun, I shouldn't be responsible for my actions because after all, it's a corpse now. Why should I have to rot away in a cell. The whole idea behind a civilized society is one is responsible for ones actions, or why bother having laws that punish such behavior.
so you're saying that if a peddler was walking on the highway unnoticeable and you hit him you would call the police and tell them "I JUST KILLED A MAN, ARREST ME OFFICER." because according to you murdering someone is the same as accidently killing someone.

Quick Reply: Keep a look-out guys...