California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Keep a look-out guys...

Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep a look-out guys...

Promising Cyclist Injured by Hit and Run Driver

SARATOGA, Calif. (KCBS) - Authorities are looking for a hit and run driver who ran down a young bicycle racer Sunday in Saratoga.
The young woman is fighting for her life in a San Jose hopsital.

24-year-old Ashley Jackson of the Alto Velo cycling team was riding in the bike lane on Highway 9 toward Los Gatos with her boyfriend and cycling coach, Dave Nelson, when Nelson said they were both hit from behind by a late-model, silver, 4-door BMW 7 Series sedan. "I can't even speak the words of what this person did," said Nelson. "You can ruin someone's life by one action and not even care to stop."

Nelson said it appears the car's right mirror clipped Jackon and knocked her to the ground. "The car comes flying through, by me, grazes me with the broken mirror, hits me with his broken mirror, kind of shocks you, wondering what he's doing. At that point, I have to turn around and see my girlfriend laying in the road. She's crumpled up and hit by this car." Jackson was knocked unconscious, with a broken collarbone and a serious brain injury.

Nelson said the driver slowed, briefly, then sped off. "I just don't understand what the conscious is of someone who could hit someone and proceed to leave on a felony hit and run. They don't know if they killed someone."

KCBS' Doug Sovern reports

Jackson is in intensive care at Valley Medical Center.

Authorities are trying to find that BMW with the broken side mirror.
Heartless bastard(s)...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:06 PM

wow thats really messed up.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

damn that sucks

curious though, what would you guys have done? my friend and i spoke about this very subject before and we both thought our first instinct would be to run. It's not that it'd be the right thing to do or that its justifiable by any means but there's no other realistic option. Think about it, would you being there saying sorry help them in any way? and would going to jail yourself for however long help them either? dunno if you guys have thought it out before but honestly i would have done the same as the driver.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:15 PM

i kinda see what you mean dagle. like if you did hit the person and come out helping,you get ****ed by medical bill for that person for life. or run away.
that a hard subject to say... dunno what to do

hope she recover soon.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 PM

Fuck!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 PM

damn that sucks.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by dagle,Apr 21 2009, 07:02 PM
damn that sucks

curious though, what would you guys have done? my friend and i spoke about this very subject before and we both thought our first instinct would be to run. It's not that it'd be the right thing to do or that its justifiable by any means but there's no other realistic option. Think about it, would you being there saying sorry help them in any way? and would going to jail yourself for however long help them either? dunno if you guys have thought it out before but honestly i would have done the same as the driver.
i see where your coming from salis? that is very true sadly...
Old 04-21-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dagle,Apr 21 2009, 06:02 PM
damn that sucks

I hope nothing like this ever happens to you or your loved ones - everyone should man up to their mistakes especially when hurting other people.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:37 PM

Also.. that's what insurance is for. I'm fully covered on car insurance.. and it's to be used for this kinda stuff. I agree above.. man up to your mistakes and move on. Karma is a bitch..
Old 04-21-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by dagle,Apr 21 2009, 06:02 PM
damn that sucks

Wow that sucks.

I once hit someone crossing 880 around Dixon Landing road at midnight. The pedestrian was illegally crossing the freeway, and he was wearing all black, so I did not see him on time. I was able to swerve the car out of the way and ended up only hitting him with my right side view mirror. The pedestrian flipped up in the air and landed on the road on his right foot causing it to shatter. Luckilly it was not his head that landed first.

My first instinct was to call 911. Running away never crossed my mind.

Quick Reply: Keep a look-out guys...