California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

JDM Theory - Photo Thread!

Old 01-16-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jan 16 2008, 08:26 AM
Speaking of, did any none hardtop S2000's win anything?
The black turbo S2K from So Cal took home...I forgot what place?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

exactly.. I was a tad bit confused as to why the judge's did not even bother to talk to the owners about their cars.. the last JDM theory show i attended, they called the owners to their cars to explain a little bit about the background of the car and what each person has done to it that reflects upon the driver's character... this time, they walked around, jotted some stuff down, and went right on to the next car without even saying a word to me. right then and there, i knew i wouldn't win any awards.. that, and the fact that there were so many S2K's there nicer than mine
Old 01-16-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tp-ap1,Jan 16 2008, 11:19 AM
Was that the one that still had blue tape on it. WTF.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Voodoo_S2K,Jan 16 2008, 11:22 AM] Was that the one that still had blue tape on it.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by WashabiS2K,Jan 16 2008, 11:20 AM
exactly.. I was a tad bit confused as to why the judge's did not even bother to talk to the owners about their cars.. the last JDM theory show i attended, they called the owners to their cars to explain a little bit about the background of the car and what each person has done to it that reflects upon the driver's character... this time, they walked around, jotted some stuff down, and went right on to the next car without even saying a word to me. right then and there, i knew i wouldn't win any awards.. that, and the fact that there were so many S2K's there nicer than mine
I was so anxious to go eat that when they arrived I got in their fact to explain what I had done - don't think these guys had any intention of talking to the owners.

I think the process was rushed since they were so far behind. Must be a tough job with so many quality/awesome cars...
Old 01-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jan 16 2008, 11:01 AM
I was just reminding John about a conversation we had the other day about people in general thinking it takes 2 seconds to post up these pictures.
hehe, true.

if you look at other sites that have been linked they're pretty much just as-shot jpegs that were tagged and uploaded immediately.
Nothing wrong with that at all. And while I'm not color correcting and being anal about all my images, I'm at least trying to get them all exposed correctly
Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by tp-ap1,Jan 16 2008, 11:01 AM
It sounds like you're talking about me Frank..

Yea, I agree with you. For the past three JDM Theory shows, I was surprised I didn't place at all in the S2K category. Two years ago, I got Best Engineered car of the gathering, but not place in the S2K category. I just thought we were only able to win one trophy per show. But this last show is not the case.

For this last show, I wasn't surprised I didn't place in the category from the past experiences. But I'm still don't understand why didn't I place. Although, I still happy that I got 3rd in the Honda category.

I was also surprised of the people who didn't place in the S2K category this year. A lot of you guys came up with a lot more mods. Much props

I'll ask Junior what criteria the judges are going with. I'm just as confused as you guys.

Overall, JDM Theory has great shows. I've been attending their shows/meets for more than four years now. Every year is getting better
Yeah wattup Jet, my bad to use you for one of the examples. I just always wonder why you and Drew never place in s2000 category? I did slap on a few different mods this time around and didnt place at all as well as other s2ki'ers. And thought you knew Jet, there is no criteria its all about who you know. HA!!

This topic can go one forever, f0ck it! Lets see some tig o bitties. Patiently waiting for pics John.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by alejo,Jan 16 2008, 11:26 AM
I was so anxious to go eat that when they arrived I got in their fact to explain what I had done - don't think these guys had any intention of talking to the owners.

I think the process was rushed since they were so far behind. Must be a tough job with so many quality/awesome cars...
you are probably true that the judge's were really in a hurry.. sure seemed like it atleast. but i think that your car deserved to win, god im in love with those ITB's it really was a pleasure to be parked next to you during the show, haha.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by tp-ap1,Jan 16 2008, 11:19 AM
3rd place Best S2000.

Super cool dude. Chopped it up with him for awhile. I forgot his name.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^little bit too much to drink frank?? j/k

Quick Reply: JDM Theory - Photo Thread!