California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Jdm Inspired Shop in SF/Fremont

Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The name of his shop is Inspire
Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't find this unusual at all ~ some places are not open all the time so it's sorta by appt. only?

Why would it be shady? I don't understand. He's the one giving you the address so you still can decide not to show up and for only $50 bucks I highly doubt its a scam. Do you think he's going to rob you?

There was a stereo shop in Chicago that I used to frequent and they would not give out their address unless it was by referral only. It was a high end place and didn't like foot traffic or people who had no intention of doing business with them to know their location. I guess its all point of view...
Old 01-15-2012, 02:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have confirmed that this shop is legit.

I ran in to the same situation as the OP with a Craigslist ad for a part I was interested in. I only received the number & address for the shop once I was confirmed to buy which took awhile over email & text. Got to the shop & the owner (same guy Mac is vouching for) is one of the reputable people that has long been in the scene for many years & has helped plenty of people including myself with my past car builds & the s2k. It was a good surprise to see him!

The shop is still under construction; hence the lack of information & particular sale process.

I saw & picked up in my hand the knob you were trying to buy. It looks good in person, has good weight to it & comes with the box. I'd definitely go through with the purchase if youre still looking in to this.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you got 2 active s2ki veterans vouching for them... i wouldn't worry. small shops take awhile to setup and with the way the economy is right now... i'm surprised to even see a shop like this open up.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
I have confirmed that this shop is legit.

I ran in to the same situation as the OP with a Craigslist ad for a part I was interested in. I only received the number & address for the shop once I was confirmed to buy which took awhile over email & text. Got to the shop & the owner (same guy Mac is vouching for) is one of the reputable people that has long been in the scene for many years & has helped plenty of people including myself with my past car builds & the s2k. It was a good surprise to see him!

The shop is still under construction; hence the lack of information & particular sale process.

I saw & picked up in my hand the knob you were trying to buy. It looks good in person, has good weight to it & comes with the box. I'd definitely go through with the purchase if youre still looking in to this.

good looking out JP. thumbs up.