California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Jdm Inspired Shop in SF/Fremont

Old 12-23-2011, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jdm Inspired Shop in SF/Fremont

So I was on craigslist and I found this ad selling a new JDM FD2 type r shift knob for about $50; so I contacted the person and I asked where this person was located but he said it was a shop and the person was really adamant about giving me the address. The person who replied back to me kept on wanting to know exactly what time I was going to be there but I was thinking, since it's a shop, would it matter what time I showed up; it would be open regardless depending on when it opens and closes. I texted him saying I may go to the shop today if I have time but the person said once I decide on what time I'll be there, he'll send me the address. I've looked up the shop online but there is no mention at all of this place. So I was wondering if any of you guys on the forums have been to that shop. From how things have gone so far, it seems to be really sketchy.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 PM

sounds really shady...
if you really want the part make sure to bring a friend or a few and also scope out the place. maybe show up earlier than the actual meet time.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I know of a shop that recently opened or is opening up in fremont. PM me the guys name if you have it, maybe it's the same person.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by macr88
I know of a shop that recently opened or is opening up in fremont. PM me the guys name if you have it, maybe it's the same person.
In both the email and through texts, the person never left their name at all. All I know is the shop is called Jdm Inspired and from what the person said, they have two shops; one in Fremont and one in SF
Old 12-24-2011, 01:17 AM

You can find these shift knobs for sale everywhere. Just buy it online if you think its shady.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Cut and run.
Shady is as shady does.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:00 AM

From what I remember they sell aftermarket OEM style lips when they started. It was some young kids out here in SF and they wanted to meet at a gas station to sell me the lip. I was like wtf. I flaked on them and bought my ap2 lip from the dealer. My other friend asked about a buddy club racing condenser. I guess it's some grounding unit plugged in to the battery terminal. My friend and I looked online and met up with them at yet, another gas station. The box was not the same as online and the unit looked to be a knock off/replica also. I guess if you want cheap/replica stuff you can deal with them. I'd stay away personally.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

He's a good guy, he's probably just not fully setup yet. If you have any issues just let me know but I wouldn't worry about them, he's been in the business for a while.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The OP's side of the story sounds like the seller is a bit shady & means to raise concern. However if Mac is vouching for them, then it shouldnt be an issue at all.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:57 AM

well do we have confirmation its the same guy?

Quick Reply: Jdm Inspired Shop in SF/Fremont