California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

its better to get everyones opinion

Old 02-21-2007, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the parts come in unfinished white test fit them on your car, if you like the contrast then paint them silver, if not you havn't lost anything

PS have a great B-Day Man!
ie:

Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they're talking about the rear one.. you want the same one Kel has.

As for the front fenders.. i'm personally not digging the ones with the missing piece that covers the front tire. Some reason, that piece looks incomplete. Like they ran out of pieces to create a cover fo that end so they just left it. That or it looks like the car was in an accident and got a chunk of the fender ripped off. I think the one Kel has (the vented one) is a better alternative between the two.

That front bumper is super aggressive so you're going to need to beef up the car to match with it. It won't look right with a really aggressive front end, plain side skirts and a plain rear bumper.

IMO, the reason why the silver bumper with the black bottom looks good, is because it mimics a shadow. Doing it the other way, the silver stands out wayyy too much. Black can be used as accents but I don't know that i'd do silver accents on a black car.

happy bday btw!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:08 AM

dude are younlost rob at jdm theory has this bumper look on the jdm pic thread and you will see it in black

it does have fitment issues..so be ready
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 AM

IMO...
The other way around (black fenders on silver cars) looks ok because they are made of carbon fibers or painted to give that carbonish look. I think your car will look like you just bought the parts off silver car and couldn't afford to paint them if you do the way you want to do. I would paint to the same color as your chassis color.

Also if you are going to change the front fenders, you might wanna flare the rear or add-on the wide fenders so it won't look weird.

As for wheels, this is what they are.
OZ Wheel
Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 AM

Maybe i should do my car.... with carbon fenders...
Old 02-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Feb 21 2007, 09:02 AM
IMO, the reason why the silver bumper with the black bottom looks good, is because it mimics a shadow. Doing it the other way, the silver stands out wayyy too much. Black can be used as accents but I don't know that i'd do silver accents on a black car.
that sums up my feelings exactly. many people get away with using black as a base for non-black cars only because it's very subtle.

in the end, it's still your choice, but if you want to stay away from people criticizing your car for being too "rice", then stick with black painted body panels only.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:09 PM

that js bumper wont stand out if its on a black car, i mean y else would u buy that bumper. black looks really nice stock looking. if u were yellow or white or somtin then i would understand goin with that bumper
Old 02-21-2007, 01:53 PM

thanks for everybody opinion , thats why i asked what u guys think about silver bottom on that bumper , or should i paint my car silver
Old 02-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz,Feb 21 2007, 02:53 PM
thanks for everybody opinion , thats why i asked what u guys think about silver bottom on that bumper , or should i paint my car silver
uhhh no. lol

you don't know how many times i look at my car and regret that it's not a berlina.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:03 PM

paint your car silver it'll make me more unique....and you less

Quick Reply: its better to get everyones opinion