California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

In$urance, who do you trust ? and who is cheap?

Old 02-07-2007, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Married? Aren't you like 12?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey guys, i feel that i might contribute to this thread by letting you guys know what happened to me.

as you guys know, my car got vandalized a couple weeks ago. i went and filed a vandalism claim with AAA and gave them the estimate. the day of the repair in the body shop, a AAA representative stepped into the picture and refused to release the funds to fix my bumper and said that they would only pay for the door damage. they said the bumper (which had vertical or up and down gashes) was a result of a collision. to make a long story short, this guy wouldn't listen to me. so i called my adjuster, at first she tried to help me but eventually she gave up and sided with the people that said its a collision. they told me they would keep the claim open and to talk to them. for the past 4 days i have been trying to contact someone who i can talk to but i keep getting passed around to the next supervisor, and eventually they stopped calling me back. basically, i didnt get anywhere trying to talk to AAA.

i am now in the process of filing a complaint to the California Department of Insurance for wrongful denial of my claim.

Lesson learned. don't trust AAA, they will try to weasel their way out of paying for your claim... and also charge you plenty of money to be insured under them.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play,Feb 7 2007, 09:38 AM
Guys, when you say you got screwed - are you talking about just paying too much or screwed in how they DO NOT want to pay out a claim? BIG DIFFERENCE!

IMO, insurance is like most other things in life you buy - good ones do cost more but if you have a good record, over time they will treat you better.

I've stayed with State Farm since like forever and have a total of 12 policies with them throughout the years.

They are low cost for me with my good record but most importantly they pay out on any claim I need quickly and with no fuss. That is part of "good service" for me. I would hate to have some cheapo place like Geico, that is cheaper by a few bucks but hard to get them to honor a claim.

I have no issues with modded parts and I love being able to be on a first name basis with my agent. I can call him, email him or just stop by his office anytime with questions. To me that is worth it's weight in gold.

I don't know how some of you can go with this TV hoopla crap like Esurance, Eastwood on radio, or these other online only places!

rk
thats what im talking about, rick theyve taken care of me plenty of times in the past to make me want to stay with them for a very long time
Old 02-07-2007, 01:06 PM

AAA, not the cheapest, but well worth it once you have a claim.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Green Tea,Feb 7 2007, 02:06 PM
AAA, not the cheapest, but well worth it once you have a claim.
i heard with AAA u pay 40 bux a year u get 3 free tows anywhere if ur car breaks down, thats a plus if state farm has that, but i think AAA is the only ones who offer this, correct me if im wrong plz.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by kaylins2k,Feb 7 2007, 03:24 PM
i heard with AAA u pay 40 bux a year u get 3 free tows anywhere if ur car breaks down, thats a plus if state farm has that, but i think AAA is the only ones who offer this, correct me if im wrong plz.
you can get the AAA club membership without having an insurance policy through them.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kaylins2k,Feb 7 2007, 03:24 PM
i think towing is only 5 miles, then after that you have to pay. and its roadside assistance that covers stuff such as flat tires, running out of gas, and towing if neccessary.

i still stand to my opinion.. AAA sucks coz they try to get out of my claim.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:52 PM

if you have a business then put your s2000 under your business account. It will be a lot cheaper.

i was paying 738 /6months with statefarm
Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by SojuSoulja,Feb 7 2007, 05:52 PM
if you have a business then put your s2000 under your business account. It will be a lot cheaper.

i was paying 738 /6months with statefarm
that sounds high, did u have tickets....
Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM

high? That was lowest I could find.

twenty something male living in SF driving a two seater convertible is not going to be cheap.

how much are you paying and where do you live?

Quick Reply: In$urance, who do you trust ? and who is cheap?