California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Introducing a Girl To Your Friend... Advice?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Introducing a Girl To Your Friend... Advice?

Not too long ago I had broken up with this Korean girl of 2 years. It's been an agonizing and difficult period but thanks to a few friends and this web project I am pulling myself together. Just a week before my official break up with K girl, I had learned that she was out with one of my friends. Ya can you believe that? I decided to just take my mind off things and asked a friend who I had absolutely no interest to come out and join me to a meet. This friend, a girl, had nothing to do and agreed to go with me. At this meet another friend of mine was interested in this girl that I had brought out. Having known that he was interested in her I thought I'd introduce the two together. I went as far as asking her up ride with this guy on a particular trip expecting nothing in return, with no strings attached, no catch, nothing but as an opportunity for the two to hook up. This was some months ago and since then the two have exchanged mails, texts and plenty of IMs with each other. This girl and I continued to hang out and feelings have developed between me and her. So now I have just learned that my friend from the car meet is completely pissed at me as well as mutual friends of ours. I also wear the reputation of 'Jerk' amongst people who've never met me but know this car guy closely.

So here's my question to the Bay Area crew, am I in the wrong and how should I 'make things right'? In my honest opinion I don't think I did anything wrong and I would be thankful for any friend who'd introduce me to a girl that I'd be interested in? But I certainly wouldn't be pissed if things didn't happen between me and the girl.

I welcome all comments be it nasty, stupid, or insulting. I just don't want to repeat this scenario again EVER!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this in the Corner as well, but:

That's a dilly of a pickle. If I had introduced the girl to a friend with the intention of them two hooking up, from then on, I would be careful to interact with her in a
fashion that has the possibility of "things" happening...
Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM

You didn't do anything wrong, she likes you and you like her, case closed. He should be mature enough to respect that.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Aug 2 2007, 12:33 PM
You didn't do anything wrong, she likes you and you like her, case closed. He should be mature enough to respect that.
Hit the nail on the head
Old 08-02-2007, 12:38 PM

seems like highschool shit. If you like her and she likes you then F everything else.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Aug 2 2007, 12:33 PM
Ya wish that were the case but old friends and new look at me like "Dude, that was ####ed up what you did..." and I'm wondering what the hell did I do to deserve that? I created the opportunity, it didn't happen, so why get upset at me???
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Your friend is a huge pussy for not sealing the deal sooner. He had a month? He dropped the ball and has no claim to her. If his friends think you're a jerk, that just means that you're really the only man out of the bunch and they're too big of pussies to admit their friend dropped the ball.

In the immortal words of Efthimios.... Cash the check!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do I get the sense that details are missing. The story seems way too absolute and rarely are things, especially relationships that absolute.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:42 PM

Vu, please fill in whatever is missing. Again I welcome all criticism!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Aug 2 2007, 12:40 PM
Why do I get the sense that details are missing. The story seems way too absolute and rarely are things, especially relationships that absolute.
I agree.. like they say there's always 2 sides to the story... have to hear it from her/his end to give a fair verdict.

Quick Reply: Introducing a Girl To Your Friend... Advice?