California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

I have a technical question;

Old 06-25-2005 | 08:16 PM

Default I have a technical question;

Hi,

My friend and I installed some Eibach pro kit springs on my car ('02 S) about two years ago. We didn't know if we were suppposed to put the thicker pair of springs in the front or in the rear. After a few calls, we decided to put the thick one ones in front. Long story short, the front is a little higher than the back. In fact, it looks funny. So I guess my question is, did I do this right? I only have the springs (no other suspension mod.)

TL
Old 06-26-2005 | 06:39 AM

Did you load the suspension after the install? I have seen it when after removing the front upper arm, to get the shock out, that after you install the upper arm and tighten the bolts, when it is on jack stands, it will bind the bushing causing it to sit higher in the front. If this is so jack it up put it on stands, put jack under the lower arm jack it up untill it lifts off the stands and then tighten bolts. Hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2005 | 08:18 AM

Don't the springs have F or R printed on them?
Old 06-26-2005 | 08:21 AM

What do you mean by loadimg the suspension? What we did was jacked the whole car up with hydrolic jack at his shop, removed the shocks and springs, compressed the stock springs and swapped them with the Eibachs. Since the rear is lower than the front, I was thinking maybe we put them in wrong; that the thicker springs should go in the back. Should I switch them.
Old 06-26-2005 | 08:24 AM

I don't recall it having F or R, just that two were thicker than the other two.
Old 06-29-2005 | 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by tommylam16,Jun 26 2005, 08:21 AM
What do you mean by loadimg the suspension? What we did was jacked the whole car up with hydrolic jack at his shop, removed the shocks and springs, compressed the stock springs and swapped them with the Eibachs. Since the rear is lower than the front, I was thinking maybe we put them in wrong; that the thicker springs should go in the back. Should I switch them.
Sounds like you didn't load the suspension. when you pulled the springs out of the front , did you have to remove the upper arm???? I'm saying yes, so you need to load that suspension.

Think about it for a minute you jack the car up, you take off parts, you tighten everything while it is up in the air. Where are the control arms , what happens to the bushings when it is up there, NO LOAD. Just load the suspension and it will work.
Old 06-29-2005 | 09:03 AM

Are you basing your perception that the back is lower because your measuering using the wheel wells? My friend lowered his car before and he said the back looked lower because he was using the wheel well as his point of measurement. But the front wheel wells are cut higher than the backs, so it just looks like the back is lower cuz the wheel gap is smaller because the wheel well is not cut as high. Maybe?...

Side note, I would believe the thicker ones are in the front because the weight of the engine would warrant a beefier spring. But usually, the front coils are flat on both ends and the backs are only flat on one end. Maybe s2000 is different, but all other hondas I've dealt with are like that.
Old 07-04-2005 | 10:26 AM

Did we fix this yet? Bring it buy my house and I can show you how to do this that 30mins.
Old 07-04-2005 | 10:31 AM

All eibach springs makes your car look like that, higher in the front, lower in the back.
Old 07-05-2005 | 07:56 AM

The 001 VA are the fronts, 002 HA are the rears. I just installed mine on Sunday with Koni Yellows. I will be writing up a whole DIY install summary. Mine looks great, 1" drop all around.

Quick Reply: I have a technical question;