California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

i guess my car wanted to play rambo like yamez'

Old 01-02-2009, 05:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default i guess my car wanted to play rambo like yamez'

so after i got off work all relaxed and happy and deposited my check, i was heading home the chill way (not speeding at all) and took scott and turned right onto bowers...
and then it happened..

i was in the middle lane and wanted to switch over to the furthest left lane and once i hit the road marker, my tail just kicked out left..
as common knowledge and some experience, i counter-steered to the left to try and gain control, but then the car decided to **** with me and went to the right even harder and i just cranked it all the way right because i was REALLY sliding sideways now, but it was too late. the car ended up sliding backwards for about 10 feet and ended up going up onto the median where the tree/bushes were. luckily there weren't any cars around cause it was a red light, but at least 6 witnesses saw what happened and 1 decided to dial 911.

many came to my aid to see if i was injured but i wasn't injured at all.
the thing that made me sad the most, is that my car sat there helpless as many people drove by. even a white ap2 s2k drove by (doubt they're on the forums) but w/e. what's done is done. i can't go back to change it. the right rear wheel is completely f'd up; rim has like a huge chunk missing and the tire is just flat.

my whole right side is scratched up from the bushes and im lucky that i missed the tree by about a foot so no physical dmg to the body, just scratches on the right side.

the cop assumed my axle was broken but i don't think it is...seems like just my whole rim and wheel. at least the cop was nice enough to chase down the tow truck and stop him before he steals the whole car.

the cop was also nice enough to put me in the backseat where the fujies go...was not a pleasant feeling but he was pretty nice. the tow truck on the other hand was a total asshole. he can care less about my car and i swear if cops weren't there, i'd pull out a crowbar and beat the crap out of him. i just hope nothing more is dmg'd cause the exhaust looked fine.

last thing i forgot to mention, i was only going about 10-15 on the turn and slowed down before the turn and just slowly drove off like i usually do...but i guess i was wrong =/

i didn't get to take any pics of the right rear =/
Old 01-02-2009, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess its a Lee family tradition to buy an s2k and f#$@ up the back right suspension now FTL hope your cars up and runnin soon
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

aw sucks to hear, lemme know if you need any suspension parts. found a guy parting out his car, hes delivering my ignition cylinder today. i can ask if he has the spindle for you
Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 PM

sorry to hear bro....another silverstone...
Old 01-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sucks to hear. these cars dont seem to be very forgiving once they get sideways.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nitewing117' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:11 PM
sucks to hear. these cars dont seem to be very forgiving once they get sideways.
nope, not really....
very twitchy

sucks, sorry to hear about your incident
Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 PM

hey it's good to know you're okay.

as for the tow truck driver treating your car like it's scrap metal, that's normal. i have yet to see a tow trucker actually give a damn about the car they are towing. even if you ask them to be careful... -_-
Old 01-02-2009, 11:52 PM

yea.
i was perfectly fine..it felt like a love tap from bumper cars or something.
i didn't really care about myself but more of the car =/
but it's ok i guess... at least i didn't lose it for good and the guys made it seem like a regular friday night anyways so it's ok. just gotta wait for the car to be healed now
Old 01-03-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

both of you guys just picked em up
Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 AM

well for me it's only been like 3 months =/
never going to go that way again when it's raining.

Quick Reply: i guess my car wanted to play rambo like yamez'