California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

I believed the Rainy Weather was Over

Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I believed the Rainy Weather was Over

Yep, so I really thought the rain season was over. With my typical, turning a small project into a big one, well it happened again.

I only meant to install a 2 channel amp and some component speakers. Which then turned into this!

It went from:
Oh! Install amp and speakers

-to-

Oh, but I wanna do a good job (remove some interior)

-to-

Damn all that other interior is hella dirty!!!!!

-to-

lets remove all interior and perm remove soft top to prep for hardtop. Which I do not have a hardtop yet. Looking to buy BB btw!!!!!!

End result was the photo.

So what I am actually asking help for. Is this Sunday is the Duel At DeAnza AutoX. The forecast is showers on sunday, go figure.

Can anyone let me borrow a hardtop for a day? Willing to buy you lunch or something! I mean if it's not going to rain I am okay. However, just in case.

Hardtop for a day???? Don't care what color or kind or whatever. I just don't want to put softop back on.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:01 AM

When I checked Yahoo! weather, it said we have rain incoming on Sunday. When I checked Hourly weather, it said it will be clear on Sunday. Yahoo has been wrong many times in the past so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Do you have the proper hardware to mount a hardtop? The side strikers and stuff? Just wondering.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
When I checked Yahoo! weather, it said we have rain incoming on Sunday. When I checked Hourly weather, it said it will be clear on Sunday. Yahoo has been wrong many times in the past so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Do you have the proper hardware to mount a hardtop? The side strikers and stuff? Just wondering.

Nope, have no mounting hardware whatsoever. Tried to find a quick place to pickup in time for Sunday but doesn't seem like it. It's possible I might get to buy a Mugen rep made by vis tomorrow. Which would be perfect!

As far as the weather, the southbay is picky! Won't be raining where I live, but I drive 500ft away and it is.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:51 PM

borrow some tools for lunch is do-able. access to your bank acct and credit cards to borrow a ht sounds right
Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by rydelow
borrow some tools for lunch is do-able. access to your bank acct and credit cards to borrow a ht sounds right
If I can't get a borrowed hardtop, and it's raining. Ima be AutoX with a tarp over my car Flying like I am batman!

By the way, 1k for a VIS mugen replica (unpainted) with old style seals. Terrible or decent deal?
Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a decant deal, i can get you 1150 with new seals and poly carbonate tinted rear window
group buys start from 1250 for this
Old 05-12-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
its a decant deal, i can get you 1150 with new seals and poly carbonate tinted rear window
group buys start from 1250 for this

The group buy you are talking about is from whom? I was planning on trying to figure out something with the Sponsor Spyder. However, that was three weeks out.

1150 with new seals and tinted from whom?

How long would that take? Has my interest very much so
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 PM

all the forum sponsers are selling from 1250 for the frp and plexi glass
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM

Problem has been solved. Now I just need to wait, still won't help me for Sunday.

Might be rocking a tarp and looking like batman as I ride around some cones. If it is raining that is.

Thanks to Kaan for helping out
Old 05-13-2011, 11:02 AM

always glad it worked out for you even though its a bit late

Quick Reply: I believed the Rainy Weather was Over