California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Howd'y yall?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Howd'y yall?

So, I'm not from the Bay area, let alone California. I'm from Missouri, in fact. Here in a couple weeks/a month or so, I'll be cashing in a years' worth of vacation and traveling to SanFran to visit a good friend of mine and I thought it would be a good idea to do some spirited driving while I was in the area. It's been a goal of mine since buying my S2k to enjoy the mecca of California area roads, and seeing as I just payed off my S2k, I finally feel as If I can afford that pleasure.

A couple questions I have though: Are there any businesses that hold nightly meetings or get-togethers? Car washes seem to be popular around here, but we don't really have any performance tuning shops either. Also, since I'll be spending most of the daytime with my friend/looking for future employment in SanFran, what time does the nightlife of cars start around? I'm not wanting to indulge myself in the "uber tyte mad dryft togue JDM supastar" world, but I would like to see a couple people who know what their doing. Also, what kind of events will some of the local circuits be holding? Any track days or something of the sort?

Sorry for all of the weird questions, I just have to start getting lodging and the sort planned out and I'd like to have a general idea of what all is going on. Nothing else, I'll just sleep in the car and drive all over while I'm out there. I do have a bit of time to wait, though. I have a front bumper cover that needs to be painted and mounted as well as my fenders to be rolled (as the tires rub really bad) before I'm ready to set out.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello, you can check HERE for o going and upcoming events.
Milpitas meet is definitely one to checkout.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In general the Bay Area car scene always has something going on. I don't know if there any shops that hold nightly get togethers, per say. Most night meets tend to be focused around restaurants. Either dessert places like frozen yogurt or boba (milk tea) or with increasing popularity, food trucks.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Aug 24 2010, 12:21 PM
In general the Bay Area car scene always has something going on. I don't know if there any shops that hold nightly get togethers, per say. Most night meets tend to be focused around restaurants. Either dessert places like frozen yogurt or boba (milk tea) or with increasing popularity, food trucks.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:39 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Welcome
Old 08-24-2010, 05:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Howdy!
not weird questions at all!

the crew in sf have their meets up there and sj meet up whenever we can lol. i'm not sure what happened to east bay
Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy,Aug 24 2010, 05:00 PM
Howdy!
not weird questions at all!

the crew in sf have their meets up there and sj meet up whenever we can lol. i'm not sure what happened to east bay
We're too busy and
Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I don't know a concrete date yet, but looking at the Milpitas meet seems like something quite fun to do.

Do there seem to be some groups who tend to focus on the drive more than the showing though? Don't get me wrong, I love to set and chat about my S2k just as much as the next guy, but I don't think you guys are understanding just how flat, straight and just plain boring Missouri roads are. I have to dive at least 50-65 miles before I find a road with a squiggle sign and a "Suggested 25mph" under it.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do a lot of drives and cruises. As a matter of fact, we had one last weekend and we have one of our bigger drives of the year this Saturday.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=806903

Quick Reply: Howd'y yall?