California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

How is the theft and vandalism situation in the Bay Area?

Old 01-02-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hm... so i just picked up my s2k a couple of days ago it is also yellow and i am concerned about theft as well. Good thread and a lot of good info. I never really had a problem with theft with my old car 04 civic si hatch. I guess that car no one really wanted but i had an alarm on it with a motion sensor so i guess that helped.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eluded
lots of good advice here. drop the deductable down to 100 or 250 if u can. I like to leave the top down when i park so criminals can get into the car easier. Otherwise they slash the top only to discover their is nothign valuable inside.
I find it that there's quite a few jackasses around my area to be able to do this. I seen too many top down convertibles with trash tossed into their car like soda cups and fast food bags. Rich kids who grow up with no manners.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing my S2000 over tomorrow and will be parking on the streets of the Richmond...here goes nothing!

In the city, I hear that Sunset is probably one of the worst places to park your car. Plethora of modified imports parked on the streets, and theft to match.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by felixs2k
Bringing my S2000 over tomorrow and will be parking on the streets of the Richmond...here goes nothing!

In the city, I hear that Sunset is probably one of the worst places to park your car. Plethora of modified imports parked on the streets, and theft to match.
Lol good luck. I'm sending good vibes to my fellow yellow.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KMAFIA
Just accept it'll probably happen so make sure you have a comprehensive deductible you can afford. Don't leave valuables in the car or turn up the stereo to attract attention near places you will park. Be more cautious in certain areas (I'm back and forth between Cupertino, San Jose, and Oakland.....I know of two break-ins in Oakland within 5 mins of parking of their cars).

Gun stickers or anything for that matter won't do shit. Even having a gun. Highly unlikely you will catch someone in the act and if you do, are you really gonna shoot them? Don't get me wrong, I believe I have the right to shoot someone stealing or vandalizing my property, but our system will have us (the real victim) thrown in prison with the quickness.
smart man, plus you can only really shoot them if they were a threat to you and the situation merits deadly force. in california... i wouldn't mess with it... and as for the gun sticker thing... i think it's better to roll without people knowing you're a gun owner. you're less likely to get crap from the authorities and less likely to get vandalized by the libtards living in california.