California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

House of Prime Rib

Old 07-31-2007, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default House of Prime Rib

Well, I'm somewhat curious as to what you Bay Area people think of House of Prime Rib. I personally have never been there, but I have a reservation set up on Friday night. Does it at least partially live up to the hype? How "fancy" is it (i.e. how should I dress)?

Don't know if this should go in a different section, but I figured that bay area people would have the most insight.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've never been there but i hear its pretty good...i've been to the farallon though and that place was great.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:56 AM

I love House of prime rib! i'd dress up a bit, at least button up shirt if you're going to wear jeans. dinner for two with one drink each will proly run you about $70-$80.

but that includes fresh tossed salad, yorkshire pudding, super buttery mashed potatoes w/ gravy (awesome), and excellent prime rib. i've been there 4 times, once for a birthday. cool thing is they'll give you a small helping of seconds on the house if you ask for it (potatoes and prime rib anyway).
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 PM

i got a friend who is reallly reallly into prime rib and he said it depends with the night but most of the time hes very satisfied, and x2 what db17k said they give you 2nds which is pretty damn cool.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by db17k,Jul 31 2007, 11:56 AM
I love House of prime rib! i'd dress up a bit, at least button up shirt if you're going to wear jeans. dinner for two with one drink each will proly run you about $70-$80.

but that includes fresh tossed salad, yorkshire pudding, super buttery mashed potatoes w/ gravy (awesome), and excellent prime rib. i've been there 4 times, once for a birthday. cool thing is they'll give you a small helping of seconds on the house if you ask for it (potatoes and prime rib anyway).
That sounds great! Yeah, friday actually happens to be my birthday, so the gf and I are going to be heading over after work. We also saw it as an excuse to dress a little nicer than normal.

One thing my dad told me is to order the smallest cut. I don't know how large it is, but according to him, all the extras coupled with the beef should be more than enough. I've generally taken prime rib as an opportunity to order 24oz cuts, but perhaps I should cut down a bit here.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 PM

I've been there numerous times and have always enjoyed myself. The sides are excellent, as well as the prime rib of course.

I did not like the smallest cut (English cut I believe) because it didn't give me any biting/chewing satisfaction - so I usually go with the largest (King cut).

It's not super fancy, but I wouldn't wear sneakers or baggy jeans there
Old 07-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you like sandwich meat go with the english cut otherwise get either of the other ones depending on hunger. Next time I go I'll be getting the king cut
Old 07-31-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by synergytone,Jul 31 2007, 01:07 PM
I did not like the smallest cut (English cut I believe) because it didn't give me any biting/chewing satisfaction - so I usually go with the largest (King cut).
^^ werd, your lady will proly order the english cut anyway, just grab a bite of that from her plate and get yourself a man's cut
Old 07-31-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by db17k,Jul 31 2007, 11:56 AM
mmmm
Old 07-31-2007, 12:37 PM

i've been there a good amount of times as well and always leave satisfied. i get the house cut and request the bone, if it's available. one fact i didn't know, but did take advantage of last time was the fact that it's all you can eat! so yah, i had 2 house cuts.

the salad is pretty good too, but it'll leave you thirsty w/ the amount of msg/seasoning they put in it.

jeans/dress shirt is good.....i'd valet the car just for the ease of parking.

Quick Reply: House of Prime Rib