California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

hmmm...thoughts on new blue....

Old 01-04-2002, 12:38 PM
dbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmmm...thoughts on new blue....

wow...time do fly...never expected to see it but on thurs i saw a 02 blue near sandhill and foothill expy.....i'm really disappointed as all i can compare it to is the home market blue i saw in japan two years ago....the jdm color was deeper and richer...the us version looks more than a bit washed out ..perhaps "faded"is a better word....it makes you wonder what went on in the boardroom when the us colors were selected.....wait! how 'bout an s2k in that wonderful insight lime/insect green??
Old 01-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We could call it "Stone Wash Blue"

Old 01-04-2002, 01:34 PM

i think the blue looks hideous
Old 01-04-2002, 02:10 PM

Honda wanted to target more women drivers so they looked to BMW's Z3 colors and figured the light blue would sell more to women, not to say that some men didnt get it just b/c its a great car. What next, and automatic tranny? Oh wait, they have that soon too right...ugh!

the Blue was not as bad as I thought it would be, but it does not compare to the Dark Blue.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by yu888
Honda wanted to target more women drivers so they looked to BMW's Z3 colors and figured the light blue would sell more to women ...
Heh. I'm one of those "women drivers" and I originally thought I wanted the new blue. When I saw one finally, it was just way too much blue, with the blue interior and all.

I didn't notice what color the top was since it was under the cover. Anyone know if they made the top blue too?

Sheri
Old 01-04-2002, 03:26 PM
Ash

<pouts>

that was probably me you saw..... when was it?

My commute is from Hillview/Foothill to Menlo Ave/El Camino, and have been taking foothill lately.

No... the top is not blue... just black
Old 01-04-2002, 04:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheri
[B]

Heh.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:37 PM

No offense taken! I just love the car, love how it looks, love everything about it, and probably would have taken any color at all if the deal was sweet enough.
Sheri
Old 01-04-2002, 05:11 PM

Hey Ash,

I think everyone here are just being Player haters. More than half of them drive a Silver S2K

I own a Suzuka Blue S2K and I like the combo a lot but that's me. Someone said that it is a color to attract women......why yes it does, I talked to them all the time when they ask about my car.

My opinion, just opinion...

All red interior S2Ks looks sickening from the inside.

White, Black and Silver looks too common, bland.

Yellow and Red are typical sports car cliche colors, bread and butter colors.

JDM Blue, yes it is beautiful but I bet buyers in Japan also say "Damn I wish we had Suzuka Blue".

To each his own, I like my color choice just like you all like Silver. It is also kind of cool to be unique, I haven't seen another Suzuka in my area, lots of Yellows and Silvers though.

See ya around the playground,

Archon
Old 01-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Ash

What can I say... if were last year.. I would have gotten a silver/red too.... but with the new "white/red" combo, I was a little bummed...

So if I didn't want an all red interior... black? that was a little boring for me so... the blue isn't even that much blue... it's not that noticeable... and besides!!! why are you looking at the interior of your own car? shouldn't you be keeping your eyes on the road?

"white/red"? Comon.. that's not really silver... just a metallic white..... my two cents.

Quick Reply: hmmm...thoughts on new blue....