California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Hit something today on 680, do I have any options?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I care that you feel blessed. You are a good guy and have really helped me out.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Not that I'm sure too many care, but I feel very blessed right now. I got the dreaded call from the shop...

Damages were roughly 9k per the estimate... and statefarm isn't contesting anything. They're filing it 100% as comprehensive. I didn't even have to talk to the adjuster. Sure I'm shelling out a grand in the deductible; but with all the possible headaches that could have resulted from this incident, this has to be the best possible result. I should have her back somewhere between 2-3 weeks.
That's all that matters call the shop and ask if they would be kind enough to cover the 1000$ deductible, they might do it considering they'll still make considerably more.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Not that I'm sure too many care, but I feel very blessed right now. I got the dreaded call from the shop...

Damages were roughly 9k per the estimate... and statefarm isn't contesting anything. They're filing it 100% as comprehensive. I didn't even have to talk to the adjuster. Sure I'm shelling out a grand in the deductible; but with all the possible headaches that could have resulted from this incident, this has to be the best possible result. I should have her back somewhere between 2-3 weeks.
StateFarm was good about my comprehensive when I got a hit and run, was a little bit over 5K in damage when the fender/door was backed into. Unfortunately the deductibles were pretty high. Now I just set my deductibles to $0 for comprehensive, and $100 for collision.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
I still would like to know what you hit to get that kind of damage, though. I guess even if you take great care of your car and drive carefully, stuff like this still happens.
You and me both brotha. I really wish I could at least complete the story, as to why my car's in the shop right now. I don't like having that many question marks in a story.

Originally Posted by macr88
Glad everything is working out for you
Thanks Mac

Originally Posted by eklipz98
I care that you feel blessed. You are a good guy and have really helped me out.
Anytime Casey

Originally Posted by danvuquoc
StateFarm was good about my comprehensive when I got a hit and run, was a little bit over 5K in damage when the fender/door was backed into. Unfortunately the deductibles were pretty high. Now I just set my deductibles to $0 for comprehensive, and $100 for collision.
Once the dust is settled from this, I'm doing the same. Though I'm not sure if I'll set them that low. I'll have to see what the numbers looks like. How much did your rates go up?

Originally Posted by dagle
That's all that matters call the shop and ask if they would be kind enough to cover the 1000$ deductible, they might do it considering they'll still make considerably more.
God's already been too gracious, I'd prefer not to push my luck. TBH I've been given two too many inches in my life, and taken 10 too many miles. I want to 'eat' the cost of this, it feels like the right thing to do. At least, I won't force the hand... maybe the shop owner will attempt to make a deal with me on his own accord. I kinda doubt that though.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danvuquoc
500 is usually the best balance.
You'll usually end up paying more than the 500 in a two year period with the increased cost of a hundred dollar deductible.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:13 AM

1. The object was moving. <-----Ding ding ding. KEY POINT!!!!!!!
2. See if you can lower deductible mid-process. That was an option for me.

I sell Insurance #1 is key. lol.

Ryan
Old 08-22-2012, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5Konrad
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1345232213' post='21945314
1. The object was moving. <-----Ding ding ding. KEY POINT!!!!!!!
2. See if you can lower deductible mid-process. That was an option for me.

I sell Insurance #1 is key. lol.

Ryan
Ding Ding!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:09 PM

Whiteflash, did u try to lower your deduc?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K5Konrad' timestamp='1345648418' post='21955844
[quote name='eklipz98' timestamp='1345232213' post='21945314']1. The object was moving. <-----Ding ding ding. KEY POINT!!!!!!!2. See if you can lower deductible mid-process. That was an option for me.
I sell Insurance #1 is key. lol.Ryan
Ding Ding!
[/quote]

Luckily "To be honest, I don't have the slightest idea if it was moving or not because I don't have a clue as to what I hit" managed to = comp.

Whiteflash, did u try to lower your deduc?
No. Before you even suggested it, I had tried to make a change to add rental policy, and she told me any changes wouldn't affect the coverage of the claim. Didn't even bother.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 PM

I remember you posting something about "learning to not lose sleep over material things" ... but I would be up for nights not knowing what's happening to my car as it sits in the shop. And even so, the idea that my car was damaged like this would be painful for me.

Quick Reply: Hit something today on 680, do I have any options?