California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

HIT AND RUN! UPDATES AS OF 7/1/08

Old 06-19-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HIT AND RUN! UPDATES AS OF 7/1/08

It was last Sunday, 6/14/08, 7:30pm. My AP2 was hit when I was in the supermarket. Two eyewitnesses spot the whole story. They said the lady was backing up her vehicle and crashed on my car. Her passenger checked the damage, got back to her vehicle and run away fast like shit even though my eyewitnesses told them to stay.

Can you believe that? If you were me and it was your delighted S2 you know how I feel.

It happened right outside the Marina Food supermarket on Decoto Road, Union City

The peace officer of union city helped me with a police report. I called my insurance company. The collision shop estimates a repair cost of $1800+tax.

Now the crash marks a huge dent on my driver side door. The lady deserves more than just hit and run away. This behavior is totally not tolerable. She should be caught, arrested and pay for my losses.

*** WANTED ***
The driver was a lady. 40+. asian. The passenger was a guy. 40+ asian. her vehicle was a Lexus RX350/300 utility. Color is water light blue. License number 5/6BDL572.

It's been six calendar days. I didn't hear a word from sheriff department. It seems they are still looking for the driver/vehicle.

7/1/08
I picked up the police report last Monday. It documented the details about the accident, the witnesses, the owner and the driver of the vehicle. It is a 100% conviction now. But since I chose no prosecution. Union City police didn't arrest the driver. The driver is the same Asian lady described above and is insured by AAA. It's funny the lady in the police report said that she didn't see the damages on my car and it's why she left the scene. The police officer inspected her vehicle. All the damages and evidence matched the accident.
Today I already received the check paid by AAA. It is not over yet. My insurance company assigned bodyshop refused to repair since Rio Yellow has metallic base and they are not able work on it.
If you guys know any good bodyshop in Union City or near, let me know. I want to get my S2 fixed asap.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM

wtf that happened to my friend few weeks ago and the guy was in his 40's with the exact same car except in cupertino. we were all watching the guy back out with his LEXUS RX350/300 and backs into my friends car then he runs. we all go chasing him down the street and i c my friend out of his car with his car blocking the suv at a red light. he was shittin his pants.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:54 PM

Sorry to hear. At least you have witnesses and their license plate!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 PM

I actually saw her leaving the parking lot heading east/south of Decoto. I was mad like dog. I was thinking I can chase after the vehicle but I will lose my witnesses cuz they will probably leave with my absence so I chose to wait for police. Shame it happened on me and my AP2 I care so much.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:15 PM

Its pretty messed up when people dont' take responsibilities for their action. Don't worry, Karma will catch up with them and the police will catch them. Then their insurance will cover your damages and raise their premium

This really doesn't help the stereotype that Asian and woman are bad drivers
*not trying to be funny, being serious*
Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K7S2KGSXR750,Jun 19 2008, 09:15 PM
This really doesn't help the stereotype that Asian and woman are bad drivers
*not trying to be funny, being serious*
Almost 80% of the time I see a poor driver on the road, this fits the description.

or

80% of Volvo drivers

- I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I get paranoid everytime I park my S. I always feel like there are times when the S is a burden because I am always worrying about it.

Goodluck!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Approximately how much time will it take the police to identify and arrest the suspect under this circumstance? Any clues?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 PM

i hope they catch them soon! like asap cuz that is not to be let alone. thats bs. i'd murder someone if someone tried to hit n run on my car. if i see them i'll stop em for you
Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 PM

volvo driver +1 i just realized that lol....most of the near miss accident for me to see was volvo driver those BSer hehe

-hope they get caught soon. and ur Ap2 will be ap2 again dont worry
Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 PM

They have her/his license plate and they cant do anything? seems pretty good, 2 witnesses and they got the plate. I think all will go well.

Quick Reply: HIT AND RUN! UPDATES AS OF 7/1/08