California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

hey whatz up bay areaaaaa...

Old 05-22-2006, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey whatz up bay areaaaaa...

hello everyone, me and my gf decided to take a vacation up north and see what all the fuss is about san fran. were going down there in mid june. i was wondering if anyone knows any nice hotels to stay in? also where the hot spot to eat and hang out are? well thanks for the help everyone....

Old 05-22-2006, 09:02 AM

depends on your budget. i recently ate at the hyatt and four seasons in SF and both looked pretty top notch, with the 4 seasons edging out in quality. i personally have never stayed in any of the hotels in SF, but have eaten in many of them, so it doesn't seem like you can go wrong w/ the big name ones.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:00 AM

the San Francisco Hilton is a very nice hotel with a price range that is affordable depending on the budget. Hilton also has a restaraunt on the very very top floor called "Cityscape", there you can eat dinner and also enjoy a WHOLE view of San Francisco. the view is amazing. they also have a full bar.

the hyatt regency on embarcadero is also a very nice hotel which is right on the waterfront where fisherman's wharf is close by and also a lot of very very nice restaraunts such as chaya, shanghai 1930, rainforest cafe and also a lot of seafood restaurants along the pier. AND HOOTERS!

for scenic places, there are places like presidio park, where you can get a great view of golden gate bridge, admire muti million dollar homes, golf course, legion of honor. or you can go to twin peaks, coit tower. if you want to see a twisted scenic area, go to castro street. whether or not you enjoy the experience is on you guys .

you can also take tours to alcatraz, angel island, etc.

as far as hang out spots, just walk around downtown, there are clubs, bars, stripclubs, etc. or you can go to a place called yuerba gardens? i think thats what its called? it's one of the moscone centers that has a ice rink, and stuff. which is also right next to the metreon.

lots of things to do in san francisco. you will have much fun! maybe we can do a s2k meet in san francisco and join you guys for dinner or something.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 AM

if it doesnt rain/fog then you should be able to have a good time. Also depends on buget will determine if what activities are there.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:35 PM

just want to say thanks for everyone helping me out. about the budget issue... im looking to spend 200 buck a night for the hotel and maybe 500 bucks for any exciting activties....

ALSO, WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE WE CAN GET THE BEST CLAM CHOWDER.... THIS IS ARE FAVORITE SOUP AND A MUST HAVE WHEN WE GO HAHA
Old 05-22-2006, 03:21 PM

clam chowder bowl. boudins. there is one in the embarcadero centers. delicious!!! or anywhere on the pier!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:28 PM

I would recommend skimping on the hotel and eat better food. Just stay at a best western.
I would recommend clam chowder at scoma's at the wharf.
Actually most of the food there is awesome
Old 05-23-2006, 07:47 AM

your welcome for are input.

its best to just stay at a decent hotel save more money and more money to do better things.

As for the chowder, for the many times ive gone to the peir, get one that fresh! Most of the ones are right there id avoid those resurants that sell them and they also are more expensive. Clam Chowder in a bread bowl YUMMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:48 AM

your welcome for are input.

its best to just stay at a decent hotel save more money and more money to do better things.

As for the chowder, for the many times ive gone to the peir, get one that fresh! Most of the ones are right there id avoid those resurants that sell them and they also are more expensive. Clam Chowder in a bread bowl YUMMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!!