California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

help with oil change?

Old 01-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully you keep the car aaron, we love having you apart of us =)

we'll post up the next drive we do on 9.. but usually since its done so fast, it's really not worth the drive for the folks up north =/

come to a drive with us in the spring.. im sure someone will want some oysters soon =)
Old 01-10-2010, 02:44 PM

thanks to lewis for helping me with the oil change. super nice guy, and was patient in explaining the process from start to end. nice to meet another fellow korean s2ker in the area

couple things..first the bumper plugs. i found them on hardtopguy but its $10 for a pair. ill call the dealer tomorrow, but i have a feeling its going to be more at the stealership..

ill pick up the vinyl protectant online, looks like amazon has a decent deal.

now that i know how to do oil changes, it might be a good idea to invest in some jack stands/low profile jack, and a couple of wrenches. look forward to meeting the rest of the members in an upcoming meet!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Glad it went well. My experience has been that everyone is very friendly!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

its mostly speculation. every f20/22 motor is a different beast and is subjected to different variables also. to be sure, get your oil analysed and find your own OCI that your comfortable with.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:06 PM

http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-04ext.html

Heres the link for the bumper plugs, they are about 3.86 a pc...

go ahead and order a few filters along with crush washers from this site, that way you save a few bucks on shipping.

I usually order all my honda stuff from hondapartscheap.com and request by email to pick up the items from their milpitas location.

go ahead and check on hondapartscheap.com for their prices on bumper plugs. I know hands down it is the best price on filters (no shipping)

it was nice meeting you too paul, hopefully you take my advice and come down to the meets and just hang...
Old 01-10-2010, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i didnt know there was a cheap site that sold to the milpitas location. i love s2ki saves me a ton of money on my s2 lol
Old 01-10-2010, 04:08 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I recommend the filter wrench attachment from handa-accessories.com. It saves a lot of hassle and frustration. Snaps on to a regular socket wrench. I bought one for both the S2000 and Accord. They also have the official S2000 service manual, which I've found to be helpful for a variety of things. That website is a storefront for Carmichael Honda's parts department in the Sacramento area, so they ship to the Bay Area super fast, like within a day or two even if you choose ground shipping.

Don't forget to check out the DIY thread on these forums (stickied in the "Under the Hood" sub-forum). Oil changes are one of the things listed, and most of the DIYs are very helpful and include pictures and torque figures.

If you can handle the oil change, the next thing to do is change the transmission fluid and diff oil yourself, and the DIY threads are great for those, too.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by lewiS2K,Jan 10 2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-04ext.html

Heres the link for the bumper plugs, they are about 3.86 a pc...

go ahead and order a few filters along with crush washers from this site, that way you save a few bucks on shipping.

I usually order all my honda stuff from hondapartscheap.com and request by email to pick up the items from their milpitas location.

go ahead and check on hondapartscheap.com for their prices on bumper plugs. I know hands down it is the best price on filters (no shipping)

it was nice meeting you too paul, hopefully you take my advice and come down to the meets and just hang...
If I go to their Milpitas location to buy the parts will they charge me retail or the prices online?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just buy the parts and we'll have a tech day at your place =]
Old 01-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystiqueskillz,Jan 19 2010, 12:43 AM
If I go to their Milpitas location to buy the parts will they charge me retail or the prices online?
most likely retail, but that's just a guess.

Quick Reply: help with oil change?