California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Help, need Valentine's restaurant in San Francisco

Old 01-24-2002, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to CheeseCakeFactory.. San Francisco DownTown Women's Macy's Top floor.. Very Good food, Desert and the view too..~ Must check it out..~ Your girl will be impressed.~
Old 01-24-2002, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by sylvainsf
If you can get reservations, the Equinox at the top of the SF Embarcadero Marriott is very nice, the food is amazing. The entire restaurant rotates slowly, so ask for a window seat to get an amazing view while you dine.

hehe... the atmosphere is great... but the food is not that impressive tho... no offense.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:04 PM

if you like seafood, you might want to consider The Crab House at pier 39, fisherman's warf. great food, plus you get a beautiful view of the bay.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:17 PM

Highly recommend Boulevard (as others have) or Fifth Floor. Both are exceptional restaurants, but reservations for Valentine's Day may be tough at this point. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2002, 11:56 PM

If you're going to fishermans wharf, either eat at Scomer's or Pompei's Grotto. Two of my best friends are fishermen that work out of the wharf, and that's where they eat seafood.
Old 01-26-2002, 03:34 AM

My 2 cents is not to go to fancy restaurant on Valentine's day. Do it a day before or day after.
Typically on Valentine's day, most of the restaurants have mass production fix menu dinner.
They generally are not as good as their regular menu and you have to pay extra just because
is Valentine's day.

So for the past few years , my wife and I have our own Valentine's day on a different night

fred
Old 01-26-2002, 10:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

While I agree with some of the above (hey Ed- Clementine is EXCELLENT) the best meals I have ever had in the city were both at Kokari. It is a Greek/Mediterranean place near the Embarcadero, the decor food and service were impeccable. Best moussaka I have ever had. Bring money, but it is in your price range.

The Wharf is the ultimate tourist trap but then you are a tourist, eh? Cheesecake Factory is fun but its kinda coffee-shoppish. There are some pretty neat places South of Market too, near PacBell Park. Ate last week at "24" which is right in the corner of the stadium but I found Momo's across the street to have better food and way better service.

In any case, ENJOY
Old 01-26-2002, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by BigRedDog
There is a restaurant called Tommy Toy's next the the Transamerica building that i went to once and it is really good and romantic. Its a 5 course chinese cuisine dinner that includes the rose at the end.. my ex took me there one Valentines, its like $150 a couple.. not too bad and its very nice.. good food too..
I second that notion... If you look back in the Bay area archives you'll also see that there was a thread I started that had some really good ideas.... we finally decided to go to Tommy Toy's and it was an absolutely amazing experience
Old 01-28-2002, 05:02 PM

Wow, the response by the kind folk on this site never ceases to amaze me.

It would seem that I needed to get started sooner or take Cosmos' suggestion to pick a different day. Of the ones I called, Boulevard, Farallon, Fifth Floor, Clementine, and Equinox were either fully booked or only had tables before 5:30p & after 9:30p.

However, I was able to get reservations at Tommy Toy's. They have a 6 course menu planned and everything sounds great.

Thanks for the recommendations!

chris.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by cvance
Wow, the response by the kind folk on this site never ceases to amaze me.
yeah, welcome to the most active regional board on S2KI ! It just shows that we don't have lives and live on this board...so maybe these restaurant recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt? (J/K)

Thanks for the recommendations!

chris. [/B][/QUOTE]

You are welcome! Please feel free to contact any of the local bunch if you need any other help. We will be happy to help you ro even meet up if you are up for it. Have fun in SF!

Quick Reply: Help, need Valentine's restaurant in San Francisco