California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Help need some info

Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help need some info

Wussup Norcal Fam

Some of us from Topdown Family are going to be attending Wek-Fest next month and we are trying to find a place to stay in for that weekend.

So far we found this place:

Hotel Alpine Inn and Suites
560 Carter Street, Daly City, California (CA) 94014

Was wondering if any of you guys know this place. Any input will be appreciated. Any places you guys recommend for us to stay in? We are going to need around 7-8 rooms.

Thanks in advanced and see some of you guys soon
Old 01-14-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

down there

I would say it all depends on how far you guys are willing to commute for wekfest. Places more towards sf tend to get more expensive iirc. Ive never stayed at that hotel though... see you guys soon
Old 01-14-2010, 03:33 PM

Never stayed there before, but I always aim to stay at a Marriott/Marriott branded hotels. Tried and true, never lets me down.

Staying IN the city is going to be expensive, but if you don't mind staying outside the city (Daly City is outside of SF), then it's cheaper and more choices to choose from.. Look into hotels in South SF and San Bruno. They're slightly south of SF so they might be cheaper.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:01 PM

Yep, I also agree that staying in the city is going to be expensive & you might not like to be rolling around with dumped rides on the roads of SF - they can be quite rough in certain areas.

I would suggest looking at staying somewhere off San Mateo - San Bruno area. There are a lot of inns, motels, hotels around the vicinity.

You can go further south; probably Mountain View would be borderline if youre looking to commute less than 45min to the show. San Jose to SF generally takes about an hour (60mi).
Old 01-15-2010, 06:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not familiar with that hotel, but in general the area around the Cow Palace is not the greatest.

If you want to stay close to SF, I would look at some of the hotels around the airport or go further south around San Mateo.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 AM

Wanna stay in for cheap? I got a hookup at ramada inn in Sunnyvale!! Lmk if you're interested!! It's about a 30-45 minute drive to the city! And it's by 101!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:33 PM

never been to that place but daly city shouldnt be bad, its close to sf and prices are much cheaper. also check out south san francisco and san bruno.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jan 15 2010, 07:22 AM
I'm not familiar with that hotel, but in general the area around the Cow Palace is not the greatest.

If you want to stay close to SF, I would look at some of the hotels around the airport or go further south around San Mateo.
I used to live around that area its not the greatest and the roads aren't too great either. I would try to get a place further south and close to the I-280 or US101.

Also, the sun never shines in Daly City!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM

Or alternatively you could try staying in the Oakland/Berkeley area (and just cross over the bay bridge to get to the city, it's very very close)? Or even in the North Bay around Larkspur or something (and take the golden gate down).

I've had friends and family stay out there sometimes...close to the city and can be somewhat scenic too (north bay more so)..but with both these options you would have to deal with bridge tolls and possibly toll plaza traffic. Not usually bad over the weekends though..
Old 01-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Thank you soo much for all the input!

Yamez please PM me pricing details on your hook up. Would it be ok if we get 7-8 rooms? How bout parking? So far, we have a total of 13 S2000 driving up there.

Again TOPDOWN family and I greatly appreciate all the help! See ya'll soon.

Quick Reply: Help need some info