California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Hassled for missing front license plate?

Old 03-24-2001, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dgl1
[B]stookster:
Old 03-27-2001, 11:35 PM

I don't have mine either since day 1 (it's been 15 months). I got 3 tickets but none said anything about missing front license plate....Pretty lucky...(Knock on wood) However, I do get nervous every time I drive by the cops...
Old 03-28-2001, 01:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gilcwong
[B]yu888.
Old 03-28-2001, 09:22 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

On or off either way, just don't pull the chicken shit maneuver of no front plate for aesthetics and then follow it up by cramming the plate between your windshield and dash.
That truly looks like shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2001, 10:52 PM

I got real lucky again today...Drove by the cops twice, but no trouble. One time I was VTECing to 9K in addition to the background sound effect of the Comptech exhaust when I suddenly spotted a CHP across the street. He gave me a long stare...Phewwwww!!!
Old 03-29-2001, 09:10 AM

i keep my front plate on as a bumper...when pulling up to things i can get closer w/o fear of scratching the paint OTOH, i probably have only one square of paint underneath the plate that doesn't have bug splatter on it
Old 03-29-2001, 07:51 PM

I just got my plates and have been delaying putting the back one on. Unfortunately, I don't think I can pull a 17 month "ed style" new car... I'm going to bite the bullet and put it on soon. The front one will stay in the garage as a nice wall ornament for sure. I guess my new car isn't new anymore.

However, now that I'm putting the plate on and the car is officially not new, perhaps it's time to start modding it also??? And maybe I can pull a "silversurfer style" SC.

-DD-
Old 03-29-2001, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by dillehay
I just got my plates and have been delaying putting the back one on. Unfortunately, I don't think I can pull a 17 month "ed style" new car... I'm going to bite the bullet and put it on soon. The front one will stay in the garage as a nice wall ornament for sure. I guess my new car isn't new anymore.

However, now that I'm putting the plate on and the car is officially not new, perhaps it's time to start modding it also??? And maybe I can pull a "silversurfer style" SC.

-DD-
I think I'd definitely pick the "silversurfer style"! One of me is bad enough! At least thats what the wife says...
Old 03-29-2001, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by josh3io
i keep my front plate on as a bumper...when pulling up to things i can get closer w/o fear of scratching the paint
Yeah, sure...
Old 03-30-2001, 03:00 PM
ST

Hmmmm...I've had my Stook since December, and although the plates arrived in January, I still have not put them on (either front nor back). As long as I drive carefully adn don't get pulled over...who cares! I had one of my Supra TT's go some TRD plates I bought for over 14 months with no problems! Just drive carefully and don't give them a reason to b@#ch!

Originally posted by stookster
So, I'm thinking about not mounting my front plate when they arrive from DMV.
I know most people on this board don't display front plates, but I've been hassled by cops for it before, having lived in CA all my life. It seems to provoke cops and/or give them a reason to pull you over.
I'm curious what other peoples' experience has been with this issue driving their S2Ks in the bay area?
Thx,
-Stookster

Quick Reply: Hassled for missing front license plate?