California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Harrassed by Danville Police....

Old 08-06-2001, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I grew up in Danville and I have quite a few memories of the harassment I received while a teen in the town. Danville has paid more than it's fair share in lawsuit money for the discrepancies of their police.

It has been quite a few years since I was a teen and I had thought perhaps things had changed. Last night I found out they haven't. It is a long story, but evidently I own the same color S2k and look close enough to a "Mr. Becker" that one particular genius decided it was his civic duty to pull me over to find out why I was out so late (it was 12:15am). I don
Old 08-07-2001, 12:58 AM

DMV recently sent me a notice threatening to suspend my license which may cause "devastating impact on my everyday life". Can you imagine? I've never heard anything like that from anyone.
Devastating impact. Wow. Bloody money suckers.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:37 AM

Actually, when I was growing up, all they did have was sheriffs. But I believe now they have PD because the two cars that pulled me over both said "Danville Police".
Old 08-07-2001, 04:00 PM

Stuff like this REALLY pisses me off!!!

I hope you find Mr Becker and nail their ass!! BTW, I think you have a case against them for harassment as well!!

The police have no right to stop you unless they have reasonable cause to believe you have broken the law. It sounds like they stopped you without that prerequisite.

Write a letter to the local papers and to your mayor. This type of behavior is typically associated with racism and should not be tolerated under ANY circumstances.

I sure hope you got the names and/or badge numbers of the officers that stopped you!! (That should ALWAYS be your first question when stopped for any reason.)

Old 08-07-2001, 04:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am frequently in Danville in my silver/red and it would be most interesting to be mistaken for "Mr. Becker" but I can assure you I am way past 20 years old and look it. Maybe on those rare occasions when my top is up they would pull me over. I dunno. Besides I only happen to drive around Hartz as my visits usually involve some sort of dining experience. What part of town were you at the time, Humantek??

BTW there is a fine English pub there called the Crown and Anchor that would make a fine alternate to Chevy's the next time there is a "Happy Hour" or luncheon iopportunity.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:13 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sparky
[B]Stuff like this REALLY pisses me off!!!
Old 08-07-2001, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by Bob Moss
What part of town were you at the time, Humantek??

BTW there is a fine English pub there called the Crown and Anchor that would make a fine alternate to Chevy's the next time there is a "Happy Hour" or luncheon iopportunity.
I was down near the Blackhawk shopping center. I do happen to know of that pub. It is a great place. It would be an excellent alternative to the mass-produced atmosphere of Chevy's.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:07 PM

Always send an air kiss to a passing police car and if they pull you over, only call them "honey" or better yet, "sweetie"
Old 08-08-2001, 10:09 AM

That story disgusts me.
Old 08-08-2001, 05:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was down near the Blackhawk shopping center. I do happen to know of that pub. It is a great place. It would be an excellent alternative to the mass-produced atmosphere of Chevy's.
Whenever I drive my S2K to work here at in Concord I go through that way on the back road to Livermore. Maybe I will get some attention up there too...

So is there an interest in a get-together at the Crown and Anchor??? The beer is excellent and you must try the "bubble and squeak". My friend is a British chef and he swears by it.

Quick Reply: Harrassed by Danville Police....