California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Habitual Traffic Offender

Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, I just saw this thread ~ so did you have a license when you came by my house the other day to drop off the headlights? hehe

Sorry to hear the mess you are in but seriously I think you know you made a bad judgement call. Driving with no license is a guarantee ticket at the least. My college buddy is an officer and I showed him your story.

He said "probably cause" can be used almost ANYTIME since there are so many vehicle codes they can use so forget trying to fight that. A nice officer might have let you go with a warning but once they see the no license issue, you are screwed. No decent cop would let you go at this point.

A popular debate is during a routine soberiety checkpoint, it's technically not illegal to turn out of the checkpoint if you can make a legal turn. However most officers who see you leave the line will pull you over for avoiding the checkpoint since they think you have something to hide. The legality is how can they pull you over if no probable cause? Answer is they will find something in the CA vehicle code book to get you with ~ trust me....once caught the rest as they say is water under the bridge.

No one besides you and the cop that day know the real facts of the case but headlights is probably just a reason to do a check and he caught you sadly...

I agree with Rob-2 110% (though I never got my license taken away) that if you drive with courtesey and obey the law you have nothing to fear. I drive just fine but used to have a lot of road rage. My girl finally made me realize that it's just so much more enjoyable to take your time and arrive a few minutes later. I also realized that I tend to drive more relaxed when I use my cruise control and take my SUV vs. my sports cars....more food for though