Old 10-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88,Oct 2 2008, 11:48 AM
London (normal direction) - Evo X GSR @ 1.57.600

Transmission - Manual
Physics - Professional
Traction control - 0
Tires - can't remember, but best available
How did you find that extra minute Mac??? I must have driven the damn course a million times and still couldn't find a way to add time like you did
Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 PM

I agree, GT5p is much better, but it all depends on finding the best combination of driving aids, game settings, and car setup/tuning. There is a lot to adjust/fine tune to get the game/handling exactly to your liking. Try experimenting with each of the driving aids separately, and be warned that the default setup for each car is a really poor starting point and really needs tweaking to be able to keep the rear end from sliding out. As for the amuse s2k, try increasing the rear downforce/wing, it helped me a lot...

Yes an s2ki online race would be fun! Hopefully with the "Fall Update" that is supposed to be coming out in the first half of this month, they will add the ability to host private races!

In lieu of that, if someone wanted to set up a windows based chat server on a PC, such as "Team Speak" or "Ventrillo", then it's possible to race in a group. You just need to coordinate a time, and if everyone is online together chatting and everyone hits the join button at the same time, you will usually end up getting into the same race. There are a bunch of guys from the playstation gran turismo forum that do that on Wed nights and Sundays. (You just have to have a USB/Mic cord long enough to reach from your pc to your living room/tv.)

So Mac, you finally got the game huh? It's pretty damn good, right!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ThankyouHonda,Oct 2 2008, 03:06 PM
I agree, GT5p is much better, but it all depends on finding the best combination of driving aids, game settings, and car setup/tuning. There is a lot to adjust/fine tune to get the game/handling exactly to your liking. Try experimenting with each of the driving aids separately, and be warned that the default setup for each car is a really poor starting point and really needs tweaking to be able to keep the rear end from sliding out. As for the amuse s2k, try increasing the rear downforce/wing, it helped me a lot...

Yes an s2ki online race would be fun! Hopefully with the "Fall Update" that is supposed to be coming out in the first half of this month, they will add the ability to host private races!

In lieu of that, if someone wanted to set up a windows based chat server on a PC, such as "Team Speak" or "Ventrillo", then it's possible to race in a group. You just need to coordinate a time, and if everyone is online together chatting and everyone hits the join button at the same time, you will usually end up getting into the same race. There are a bunch of guys from the playstation gran turismo forum that do that on Wed nights and Sundays. (You just have to have a USB/Mic cord long enough to reach from your pc to your living room/tv.)

So Mac, you finally got the game huh? It's pretty damn good, right!
No driving aids for us

And Mac is pawning off of Vu and I to play the game
Old 10-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Oct 2 2008, 03:51 PM
How did you find that extra minute Mac??? I must have driven the damn course a million times and still couldn't find a way to add time like you did
Took wrong turn somewhere?????
Old 10-02-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by macr88,Oct 2 2008, 03:33 PM
Took wrong turn somewhere?????
I didn't know they had make your own track mode in GT5???
Old 10-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arrrmand,Oct 2 2008, 03:45 PM
i agree with stephen...getting close lap times in suzuka is a lot more challenging, as already seen w/ the posts here, that between the 3 times posted, there's not even a full second difference, whereas if you overcook 1 turn in suzuka, it'll cost you a second or more overall.
I only see two times posted, unless you count Mac's silly +1 minute added time. It's a less then 1 minute course, of course the time is close.

On London, if you exit 5 feet wide, you hit a wall. Go 5 feet wide on Suzuka, no big deal.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Oct 2 2008, 04:14 PM
On London, if you exit 5 feet wide, you hit a wall. Go 5 feet wide on Suzuka, no big deal.
Bounce off the wall... no big deal...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Oct 2 2008, 05:54 PM
Bounce off the wall... no big deal...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Oct 2 2008, 03:49 PM
Anyhow how about a Amuse S2k timeattack battle at Suzuka???
Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Oct 2 2008, 05:04 PM
I didn't know they had make your own track mode in GT5???
it's a plugin called macmode, every track has it

Quick Reply: GT5 : Prologue leaderboard