California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Got rear ended today :(

Old 04-24-2014, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Originally Posted by Cheers!' timestamp='1398374972' post='23128663
I see...

How do you go about getting modified parts covered? You just mention it to the sales guy when you are asking for a quote?
Yes exactly. I just showed them receipts and or websites for specific items like my Spoiler and my recaro and stereo. They then make an additional clause that specifically names those parts in your policy so if they are ever stolen they won't be excluded from a comprehensive claim settlement.
have you purchased aftermarket parts used that don't have a receipt? do you just show the exact identical item from a website to the insurer to get it covered?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
That's a good point but it may not apply to my own car because my car is already a 160,000 abused theft salvaged vehicle with no original VIN stamped body panels because the car was stolen and stripped then rebuilt by Norman at N1 Concepts.
Norman is a homie, I checked out a salvaged GPW AP2 at N1 also but passed on it for the RYP I have now.

TougeHorseman/Casey, I'm thinking of selling my RYP AP1 bumper and throwing the AP2 one back on, there's no damage at all but the color isn't a 100% match, plus there's a broken tab on each side so it doesn't sit extremely flush, but it'll definitely be way less than a new bumper plus repaint lol. Hmu if you're interested.
Attached Thumbnails Got rear ended today :(-photo-83-.jpg  
Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by felixs2k
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1398371427' post='23128570
That's a good point but it may not apply to my own car because my car is already a 160,000 abused theft salvaged vehicle with no original VIN stamped body panels because the car was stolen and stripped then rebuilt by Norman at N1 Concepts.
Norman is a homie, I checked out a salvaged GPW AP2 at N1 also but passed on it for the RYP I have now.

TougeHorseman/Casey, I'm thinking of selling my RYP AP1 bumper and throwing the AP2 one back on, there's no damage at all but the color isn't a 100% match, plus there's a broken tab on each side so it doesn't sit extremely flush, but it'll definitely be way less than a new bumper plus repaint lol. Hmu if you're interested.
Ah man that is tempting for coat cutting but I really like the ap2 rear so I have to stay true and go ap2 all the way. Thank you for the outreach! Now if you are selling a mint RYP ap2 bumper we might have to continue this conversation haha.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by mr5parkle
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1398376413' post='23128701
[quote name='Cheers!' timestamp='1398374972' post='23128663']
I see...

How do you go about getting modified parts covered? You just mention it to the sales guy when you are asking for a quote?
Yes exactly. I just showed them receipts and or websites for specific items like my Spoiler and my recaro and stereo. They then make an additional clause that specifically names those parts in your policy so if they are ever stolen they won't be excluded from a comprehensive claim settlement.
have you purchased aftermarket parts used that don't have a receipt? do you just show the exact identical item from a website to the insurer to get it covered?
[/quote]
I think they were less concerned when making the adjustment to my policy about the used parts cost because it was not relevant until the moment I needed to file a claim.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

glad you're not going to end up footing the bill or chasing the insurance companies around to get paid. just make sure your car is in good, structural shape. sounds like it's been through a lot.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
glad you're not going to end up footing the bill or chasing the insurance companies around to get paid. just make sure your car is in good, structural shape. sounds like it's been through a lot.
All structural stuff behind the bumpers that was damaged related to the crash will be paid for through a supplemental claim!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Ordering new front and rear bumpers and CR front lip today!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Are the mufflers OK?
Old 04-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cheers!
Are the mufflers OK?
My mufflers were already garbage. They don't seem affected by the crash. I think the car hit me high up in my bumper and into the trunk but not low enough to crunch my exhaust. We will get a closer look when they tear it down.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:44 PM

How does this supplemental claim thing work?

I kinda understand why you would need one for the aftermarket modification stuff. But why would structural stuff not be part of the body work claim ? Or is all of this stuff invisible to you and all you need to do is drop off your car and pick it back up when it is all done?

Quick Reply: Got rear ended today :(