California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Got rear ended today :(

Old 05-22-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
i have one of those led strips from joey/js2k. haven't installed it yet. it came w/the custom windscreen i bought from him a while ago. fwiw, most of the led bulbs are made in china or taiwan. i have some automation led ones for the dome/maplight, parking, reverse, & trunk. they're bright & pretty nice, except for the parking ones. they're a little too blue for my taste. i prefer 4300-5000k lighting. the parking ones are close to 6000k. look loads better than regular bulbs though.
I have the LED footwell lights and I love them. Hoping these are about the same effect. I've had problems with the regular js2k bulb working in the trunk so I hope this is a more solid connection. I'm guessing the bass in the trunk has messed up the bulb or connectors.

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I like that trunk LED strip. I might have to pick one of those up for my birthday next month. I also need to get a pair of those strakes. Mine seem to have disappeared, although I looked under my bumper and I can't see where they ever were mounted. I don't see any bolt holes or anything.
My fender liner literally had a hole where the strake used to be. I'm now tempted to order the other side fender liner just because it's going to look so fresh on one side but I could probably spend that money better elsewhere.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 PM

Day 16:

Saw alot of progress today, and the estimated completion date is set tentatively for this Friday. The painted panels still need a few "finishing touches", but its looking pretty snazzy, even all torn apart.

OEM CR front bumper painted RYP. Interesting to see all the pre-drilled holes!

And, I wont have those silly black pieces painted anymore, like my last bumper:

Showing off the repainted front hood and fenders:

Got the GT Motoring front tow hook painted in RYP!
(If any one has any tips about mounting this (cutting radiator shroud/guide and cutting front OEM grill), please tell me!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your car is coming along nicely! Looks like a legit body shop.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by nos4you
Your car is coming along nicely! Looks like a legit body shop.
Yes, these guys are super legit. My GF used to work there for 7 years, and knows the employees (and the local body shop alternatives, which aren't as great). The shop has been real supportive in terms of working with insurance. They seem to have taken a special interest and pride in my car. They are owned by Walnut Creek Honda, and do all of the Honda car repairs, so they have some familiarity with the S2000. They aren't cutting any corners, and are replacing any strange "salvage" items.

Its funny that I was using Honda ATV body panel clips to hold on my front fender liners. They asked me where I got those clips because they looked legit, yet wrong. I had to explain that my donkeys released the emergency brake on our Honda Rancher ATV and sent it rolling down a hill into our barn. We had to rebuild the front end of the ATV and had a few extra push-in clips, which I used to fill in some missing clips on my old fender liner. Random story, but thought it would be funny to share.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 PM

Day 17:

Got the headlights and tow hook mounted. Confirmed that the GT Motoring tow hook does require modification to the radiator shroud (although I've received conflicting information about this over the past couple weeks). Got the headlights mounted, and everything seemed to be true. Found out my JS2K license plate light stopped working randomly. Decided to order a new driver's side fender line, new splash gaurd, and new lower cover. I felt like the new front end would look silly if it had beat up black plastic anywhere visible, so these were a must-have. Also ordered a new OEM front badge and new OEM CR side markers to finish the final order. Expecting to get all the parts in tomorrow, and have the car back tomorrow if all goes according to plan.

GT Motoring front tow hook with RYP paint:

Got the new front headlights mounted with the JS2K 'parking lights' installed:
Let's hope these JS2K lights dont stop working like my trunk light, reverse light, and license plate light did...WTF!

New rear bumper is mounted!
(I wish had had gotten a chance to sneak into the shop to give my "lemon" rattling Comptech exhaust a full polish)

Got the Cr lip mounted to the OEM Cr front bumper today.
(Found out that HardTopGuy's "CR lip mounting kit" neglected to include two important nuts, which needed to be special ordered...)

Factory paint on the front lip was a good match to the fresh paint on the front bumper:
Old 05-30-2014, 11:00 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Go body shop go! I want to see this thing back in action!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Go body shop go! I want to see this thing back in action!
Just visited my car an hour ago. They are doing some final polishing.

Come to find out whatever hard top guy provided as the $70 cr lip mounting kit included 8 bolts that were too long. The body shop was able to order some new flatter head bolts and nuts to get the lip mounted. I'm not happy with HTGs kit because he shorted two nuts and included 8 wrong sized bolts. Not sure how this is even possible but the body shop made a clutch move and found the perfect length honda OEM bolts. I do not recommend getting HTGs cr lip mounting kit. Especially since he does not tell you what the part numbers are. The only way to know is after you get all the parts in the mail.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looking good! did you have the Top Fuel dragster spoiler holes in the trunk shaved?
Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the hardware kit from htg. I was able to use all his hardware to mount mine. There are different length bolts that have to go to certain spots. Maybe they didn't use the correct ones where they were suppose to?
Old 05-30-2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
looking good! did you have the Top Fuel dragster spoiler holes in the trunk shaved?
No this is my "other" trunk. Planning to have Joey mount the Boeing aero next week!

Quick Reply: Got rear ended today :(