California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

got pulled over last night

Old 05-16-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDUECE,May 16 2006, 11:53 AM
I just got pulled over 2 weeks ago, reason, for going 50 in a 40 and no front licence plate. Then they procced to pop my hood and look for illegal modifications, he spent a good 15 minutes trying to find something, meanwhile his buddy is questioning me if I do any illegal street racing activities. Good thing everything is pretty much cosmetic as I'm still undecided about performance mods. Basically in the end, I got a fix-it ticket for being too low (headlights under 22").
I believe I got pulled over due to my Opak Racing titanium exhaust and DWB (Driving While Brown) I just fit the description. The thing is I didn't even get a ticket for my exhaust and my quick-release steering wheel. I guess things could have been worse. The funny thing is I was only driving my car cause I had to warm up the diff to do a fluid change.
I just hate when they question me with Street Racing and say that My Honda is polluting our atmosphere. I can't wait till my S2000, let alone all imports are 30 years old so we won't have to deal with emissions like our hopped-up, supercharged, NOS fed, domestic muscle cars I see cruising every weekend.
Sorry just venting
It's a bunch of bullshit...

My last car was a total ricer, but I got pulled over for running a stop sign. I then got a ticket for no front plate, my exhaust being too loud/illegal, illegal engine modifications, being too low, street glow, and that my windshield sticker was too large and obstructed my view!! What a bunch of
Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

You know it's here's the reason why:

Fremont cops terrorized me all the time when I had my S. . . until they pulled up next to me, got a good look at me. . .then just inched away. . .

With SJPD, I've found it best to just play ball at the stop, then fight the ticket once they write it up. YMMV.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:39 PM

yo minh, what type of exhaust u got right now ? single or dual ?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:52 AM

That sucks to hear Minh. At least you don't have to go to court to fight a speeding ticket for "allegedly" going 51mph in a 35mph zone when coming to a stop light.

At the same time the Camaro Sheriff says "I didn't clock you as you were going by me, but as you were coming to the light. I know it sounds complicated."

51mph coming to a red light, wtf is that!? Shows me the radar.

Then writes me up for going 52mph
Old 05-17-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by ptype,May 16 2006, 04:39 PM
yo minh, what type of exhaust u got right now ? single or dual ?
dual..from what i heard..it doesnt matter if i have an exhaust as long as its not too loud. i was told that anything behind the cat. should be find as long as the cat. is stock along with the header??
Old 05-17-2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by f20c1 01s2k,May 17 2006, 09:29 AM
dual..from what i heard..it doesnt matter if i have an exhaust as long as its not too loud. i was told that anything behind the cat. should be find as long as the cat. is stock along with the header??
That's correct. Its after all the emissions stuff, so it technically is ok. They never gave me grief for the spoon I had when getting smoged.

Bassem
Old 05-19-2006, 02:25 PM

Why am I not surprised by this? CHP is basically highway usher, revenue collector and janitor - in that order. Minh, would you please keep us detailed as you wind your way through this stupid hassle? I'm especially interested in what help, if any, Comptech is to you in this. I paid the freight for the Comptech CAI just because it's supposed to be CARB legal. If the CHP has decided to simply ignore aftermarket intake/exhaust that has obtained CARB certification we should be squawking to our fat-assed legislators.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shit....I'm gonna be ****ed if I ever get pulled over. Huge APR wing, no interior, cage, single exhaust and supercharger....oh yeah, and numbers on the side. Still could pass smog, though! (With 10 min. of work )
Old 05-19-2006, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are accidents every morning on the news......lets make a study with the chp to see how many were import modded cars..

mods don't make drive like a jackass its the driver

Old 05-19-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by rhayward,May 19 2006, 11:17 PM
mods don't make a driver drive like a jackass, its the driver

I drive like a complete jackass and I dun't have any mods.

Quick Reply: got pulled over last night