California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

got pulled over last night

Old 05-14-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got pulled over last night

so i got pulled over last night around 2am. reason i got pulled over for was "he suspects that i have illegal modifications". so the officer asked if he can see my drivers license and what i had under the hood. i told him an intake "comptech w/ carb sticker" so he asked me to pop my hood. he was like.."so whats at the end of this thing?" i told him "a filter...." but i wasnt being a smart ass or anything. so he was snoopin around in my engine bay..ask me a few quetions on some other stuff and didnt even noticed my headers. he told me..well..i got some good news and bad news..the good news is..im suppose to tow your car for modified intake, but im not. bad news is..you'll have to go to a state ref. for further inspection and have them sign you off. so he gave me my ticket and and said im good to go. wrote me down for modified intake (which is f**kin carb'd) and not my exhaust which is totally noticable. WTF!! so now ill have to take off my header, testpipe and exhaust. what a f**kin hassle.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:36 PM

God Damn!!! haha..... Where did you get pulled over at???
Old 05-14-2006, 02:09 PM

no exhaust = no problems...i've had my car for awhile no and never put on a exhaust and never got hassled.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMeanBull,May 14 2006, 02:09 PM
no exhaust = no problems...i've had my car for awhile no and never put on a exhaust and never got hassled.
I agree with you 100%.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Yeung,May 14 2006, 01:36 PM
God Damn!!! haha..... Where did you get pulled over at???
on capitol expwy. i almost go to the freeway too!
Old 05-14-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by BigMeanBull,May 14 2006, 02:09 PM
yea..your right. but stupid thing is..he didnt write me down for my exhaust!!
Old 05-14-2006, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading this really got me angry.

Why should we get ticketed for an intake? Its a pipe that sucks up air as opposed to a box that sucks up air. What's the big deal?

I understand that they are trying to crack down on street racing but this is not the correct approach. The few irresponsible idiots out there are ruining it for those of us who are enjoying our vehicles legally and responsibly.

This is getting out of hand. We are losing our rights to personalize and enjoy our vehicles. We live in a supposed democracy, a government BY the people FOR the people. Did you ask for legislation against having aftermarket parts? I sure as hell did not.

I think it's important to stay informed and that we rule our government and not the other way around (yes, I'm well aware of the irony of that statement!).

Please take a moment to show your support and join the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). They provide valuable information that we can all use to help put an end to this type of legal harrassment.

http://www.semasan.com/SAN/Join.aspx

About SEMA:
The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), is a non-profit trade association composed of more than 6,400 member companies including manufacturers and distributors, representing the specialty equipment automotive industry. All combined, the markets add up to over $31 billion in retail business annually. On behalf of our industry, we are fighting to preserve the rights of enthusiasts to use and enjoy their vehicles.

United groups of automotive hobbyists are a proven political force. To date, SAN efforts nationwide have resulted in positive outcomes on a wide range of issues, including vehicle scrappage ("clunker") laws, equipment standards, registration classifications, emissions-test exemptions, and hobbyist rights. You can be certain that these issues will continue to pop up at the state and federal level in the future. You can make a difference by joining SAN now!

The information SAN provides you:

- Timely notice of legislative/regulatory developments in your state and nationwide trends.
- Sample letters to forward to state legislators urging specific action.
- Talking points for conversations and meetings with state legislators.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:27 PM

thats lame hope u have all your stock stuff and this whole thing isnt too complicated
Old 05-14-2006, 04:47 PM

wtf...? Same with my friend with the integra, He also got pulled over for the same crap and he had AEM intake and DC header's and the cop was giving a hard time and gave him a warning I guess but I know those are 50 state legal and he said he was feeling nice and let him off with a warning says quote"he's a cool guy" pshh

F*(#king Cops!

Old 05-14-2006, 05:10 PM

#### da police

Quick Reply: got pulled over last night