Ummm am I missing something here?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Clueless
Old 07-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K2Rhiro255,Jul 26 2007, 04:51 PM
I agree with Andrew.

I don't think this is a good read at all. Sounds like a shop just had a bad day. If everyone follows what shop wants, that is way too easy to do business with for anyone. It is hard to sell parts (from business point of view) and it is up to the shop how to deal with those not so great customers. I would expect more of these people than nice, kind, and easy customers. This is how it is in any other business as well.

The thing is that so many parts are sold over internet now and most of them do not even own a shop. Therefore they can sell parts a bit cheaper than others. On the other hand, people who have shops can do the installation and that's how they should be making money off of. So if there's a shop with less knowledge of tuning, too bad. They might be better off of running internet shop.

Customers always demand for good deal and there is nothing wrong with it. Especially these kind of business is really tough to make it.

I know people like to DIY in USA but sometimes I wish that there are more REAL TUNING shops than just a PARTS shops. This is also the reason that's killing this industry IMO.

Parts are a commodity, nothing differentiate the actual end product. Pork bellies are pork bellies, and Spoon brakes are Spoon brakes. In the end, you will get the same product, so the only true discrepancy to most customers is the price and nothing but the price. Customer service is way down the ladder as far as priorities go for the average customer in the market for a luxury item. Very few will value customer service, the salesman could be a total @$$hat, but most customers will still go back as long as he has the lowest price.

Like Hiro mentioned, if the parts were tied to a Tuner Shop that would be a different story. Tuning takes skill, and not every tuner is the same. For example, there are plenty of shops I can take my car to by me, but I still drive way out of my way to go to Joey
Old 07-26-2007, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what was said isn't anything out of the blue...anyone with any street sense or business skills would already have incorporated that stuff in their own style.

Brian, I'll let you know about that Works Bell Hub and stuff...been on my mind.

Thanks for the center cap and valve stem cap hookup
Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 PM

This thread wasn't directed at anybody or wasn't started for any certain reason. I think that some people are taking it out of context. I'm not saying that the business doesn't do anything for the customer. Of course we are at the customer's mercy. We need them more than they need us.

Also it seems as though people are thinking I wrote this which is not the case. This was taken from a blog and I whole-heartedly agree with every point in his rant.

I know everyone is trying to get the best deal. You would be stupid for not doing so. I look at it this way. If a shop treats me good and hasn't done me wrong then I don't question there price. They took care of me before so why wouldn't they take care of me again. That's why I have been going to the same shop for 10+ years. That's why I help them out now.

I just thought it was a good read and working in retail for 12+ years I have dealt with my fair share of customers like what is described and it sucks.

To everyone I have helped get parts, you know I do everything I can to get you the best prices and I tell you right off the bat if I can't match or beat a price. I tell you to get it from the other source. I'm not doing this to make money for myself or anything like that. I do it to help everyone out. You guys get a great price, the shop makes some money. It's a win-win situation.

If you don't want to buy parts from me then great. Have fun wherever you go. I could care less.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know people like to DIY in USA but sometimes I wish that there are more REAL TUNING shops than just a PARTS shops. This is also the reason that's killing this industry IMO.

i honestly think our industry is dying because of the internet. but
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 PM

Old 07-27-2007, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by bjeong1381,Jul 26 2007, 08:43 PM

I know everyone is trying to get the best deal. You would be stupid for not doing so. I look at it this way. If a shop treats me good and hasn't done me wrong then I don't question there price. They took care of me before so why wouldn't they take care of me again. That's why I have been going to the same shop for 10+ years. That's why I help them out now.

There you go bending over for those fools again. I guess theres no real way to see if theyve been doing you wrong if youve been going to them for 10+ years. Shops are koo but could be really shady at times. Just gotta make sure you look out for yourself.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 AM

I know I've never been done wrong. I used to know the owners of a few other shops and I would always shop around to see what price they could give me and Mach III was consistently giving me the best deal. Once I saw that a few times that was it. I had no need to go anywhere else unless for some reason they couldn't get it for me.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:55 AM

Likewise I knew owners of a few shops myself and found that mach III would jack me the least. hahahaha And ive been goign to them long before youve starting helping out around here. I guess there koo when they want to be. But at least now I can really double check the pricing with you.

Quick Reply: Good read for people wanting parts...