California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Good luck? or is it bad luck?

Old 12-15-2001, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good luck? or is it bad luck?

What up guys... just wanted to tell my tales... I seem to be getting pulled over a lot latley.

I'm still a bit shaken after this last one thou... I was "speeding" down alma from palo alto down to central. I manged to pass three cops (never saw them some how). Finally one turned its lights on, but it was way the **** away.. I didn't see anyone else on the road , so like a dumb ass I pulled over. Turns out there was another car, and the idiot pulled behind me.

I guess they saw the yellow roadster and decided to let the MX-3 go (some high school chick). There were three cops in the car... All three of them got out and started asking me qustions... Of course, I had had a few drinks (two to be exact) like five hours before... I had the top down, had been dancing all night, so my fore head was perspiring a little (no sweat beeds just glossy look). The cop asked me if I was drinking... I admited, again like a dumb ass, but I really didn't see any point in lying about it; I was sure I would pass the test. Always wondered what it would be like...

Turns out the test requires the one thing I'm not known for attention span... They take so damn long to explain it to you that its impossible to get every little detail. Needless to say, I somehow manged to "fail" the test... I had coordination and all , but I started counting with the wrong foot (being a damn computer engineer I always start with 0, big mistake). Plus they asked me to do something twice, never heard 'em say it... did it once and stared at 'em .

I mean really you have three cops all staring you down and stuff asking you over and over how many drink you had, what your doing etc... Your gonna be a little nervous.

After 45 f'n minutes of them asking me to prove I was sober and stuff... they finally let me go, never even ran my license. The whole time I was oddly amused... the whole thing seem unreal to me...

All in all, nothing bad really happend.. I got to sit around on the side of the road for 45 minutes "talking" to our wonderfull men in blue...

There are two other stories all within 1 freakin miles of my house (got away with no ticket both times)... but I'll leave those for another night.

I just pray I don't get pulled over a 4th time within 1 miles of my house, lets make it 2 !

-- Robert
Old 12-15-2001, 10:59 AM

I'd say its good luck, cause passing two or three cops while speeding?...any speeder knows that THAT is a big no-no. Anyways, no harm done, probably will make you pay a bit more attention (for cops) in the future and you should be fine.

Glad to hear you came out of it ok. ...and personally, I'd have been honest about the drinks and all too, especially if I knew I really had nothing to hide.
Old 12-15-2001, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be worse, you could have bought a RED one!
Old 12-15-2001, 11:25 AM

Thanks Ed,

I figure it was good practice for the next time I get pulled over... Maybe I can go for the Guinness book of world records for "most times pulled over but not ticketed" .

-- Robert
Old 12-15-2001, 11:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That is one freaking scary tale. I am so old I wouldn't pass any of those tests even if I hadn't had one beer in the last month. Of course I am not a computer guy so maybe I would have a fighting chance, but still......
Old 12-15-2001, 08:10 PM

I don't know if this is right but I heard that if you get pulled over and you were drinking to refuse to take the breath test say that you perfer the blood test. The reason for this is that it gives you more time to get the stuff out of your system, by the time you go to the police department and take the test you should be within the limit. Like I said I'm not sure on how true this is, so if it doesn't work it's not my fault
Old 12-16-2001, 04:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goldtrom
[B]Thanks Ed,
Old 12-16-2001, 06:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Goldtrom
The cop asked me if I was drinking... I admited, again like a dumb ass...
I did the same thing in Foster City, quite a few years ago. But the REAL dumb ass thing was that I was only 17 years old at the time!

By the way, to answer your original question, I consider it extreme GOOD luck. You didn't get any tickets!
Old 12-18-2001, 10:49 AM

FYI NEVER ever speed on embarcadero near palo alto hs...especially towards the end of the month
cops pulling over cars nearly every min