California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Good car wash in SF?

Old 02-11-2003, 02:09 PM
dsp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good car wash in SF?

Hi guys,

Anyone know where to get a high quality car wash (preferably hand wash) here in the city? The closer to the Marina, the better. I don't have the facilities to wash it myself now that I live in SF, and I don't want to go to a nasty gas station car wash or anything like that.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:21 PM

Yeah... Car Wash is no good.

Do it yourself!!!

Old 02-16-2003, 04:12 PM

I'm surprised no one's jumped on you for having suggested you take it to a carwash...

They'd kill you if you mentioned this in the Wash/Wax forum

Personally, I take it to one of those coin wash places, fill up a bucket and wash it off to the side...
Old 02-17-2003, 06:11 PM
dsp

Originally posted by b0mbrman
I'm surprised no one's jumped on you for having suggested you take it to a carwash...

They'd kill you if you mentioned this in the Wash/Wax forum

Personally, I take it to one of those coin wash places, fill up a bucket and wash it off to the side...
Well does anyone know where I might find a coin wash in the city?

I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I can't wash it myself, not having access to running water outside. There's got to be somewhere in SF that can do a suitable hand-wash. Come on guys!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:15 PM

Touchless car washes are usually ok. With all the mexicans...
Old 02-26-2003, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the coin wash at 10th and harrison. pretty clean, not too much waiting. i go with a bucket, my own soap, mitts, chamois, etc, and use two loads of quarters ($5.50). i rinse the major muck off in the bay with my first load of quarters, fill a bucket with water and soap, and then take my time actually washing it. the time on the machine expires, i finish washing and scrubbing, etc etc, and then i put some more money in for a thorough rinse. at the very end of the rinse i wash out my bucket and fill it again, then pull out and off to the side for drying, detailing, and hitting any spots i missed (thus the add'l bucket of water.)

there's another on potrero between 16th and 17th which has more room to do stuff like waxing and things, without being in anyone's way, but the facilities aren't as nice and they have less bays.

the only issue with this method is that occasionally some jackass gets behind you and makes an issue that between the first and second loads of quarters in the machine, you're still there washing your car. it happens about 1/10 times. i usually tell them to off.

i took my prelude to the chevron wash at south van ness & mission, and also the shell at divisadero and oak (fell?). they are basically touchless but i don't trust the little runners not to scratch wheels.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:17 PM

i heard there's a place on van ness i think, where you can take your bucket and wash stuff, and use the facility. a friend of mine goes there. apparently there was an NSX in front of her last time
i can get more info for u... oh, i see schwett just told you about it.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:34 AM
dsp

thanks schwett and racer chick! that's exactly the info i was looking for.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my s2k is going to 10th & harrison this saturday. verrry dirty!!!

Originally posted by dsp
thanks schwett and racer chick! that's exactly the info i was looking for.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by schwett,Feb 26 2003, 04:51 PM
i like the coin wash at 10th and harrison. pretty clean, not too much waiting. i go with a bucket, my own soap, mitts, chamois, etc, and use two loads of quarters (.50). i rinse the major muck off in the bay with my first load of quarters, fill a bucket with water and soap, and then take my time actually washing it. the time on the machine expires, i finish washing and scrubbing, etc etc, and then i put some more money in for a thorough rinse. at the very end of the rinse i wash out my bucket and fill it again, then pull out and off to the side for drying, detailing, and hitting any spots i missed (thus the add'l bucket of water.)

there's another on potrero between 16th and 17th which has more room to do stuff like waxing and things, without being in anyone's way, but the facilities aren't as nice and they have less bays.

the only issue with this method is that occasionally some jackass gets behind you and makes an issue that between the first and second loads of quarters in the machine, you're still there washing your car. it happens about 1/10 times. i usually tell them to off.

i took my prelude to the chevron wash at south van ness & mission, and also the shell at divisadero and oak (fell?). they are basically touchless but i don't trust the little runners not to scratch wheels.
I just used this last night. A good option for people in SF to know about.

Quick Reply: Good car wash in SF?