California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

going up to Nor Cal Bay area this weekend

Old 08-06-2004, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going up to Nor Cal Bay area this weekend

hey whats up my fellow S2k people up north!...
going up there this weekend to drive my girl down, will arrive around 11:30 am Saturday, and leave around Sunday afternoon... any good restaurants or places that you guys would recommend me for a visit around San Francisco, Sausalito, and Fremont area... our plan is to go Sausalito and picnic out there, and then just hang around there (heard its beautiful) and then come back to fisherman's wharf for a romantic dinner... but don't know which restaurant is good and not too expensive (student on budget )
any suggestions!!?

thanks,
Mike
Old 08-06-2004, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mlswoosh,Aug 6 2004, 11:31 AM
hey whats up my fellow S2k people up north!...
going up there this weekend to drive my girl down, will arrive around 11:30 am Saturday, and leave around Sunday afternoon... any good restaurants or places that you guys would recommend me for a visit around San Francisco, Sausalito, and Fremont area... our plan is to go Sausalito and picnic out there, and then just hang around there (heard its beautiful) and then come back to fisherman's wharf for a romantic dinner... but don't know which restaurant is good and not too expensive (student on budget )
any suggestions!!?

thanks,
Mike
It all depends on your budget. Check out citysearch.com for SF places to go. Also check SFstation.com for events happening in the city.

Sausalito has good scenic places to go. I don't think there's any nightlife there though. Fremont has nothing (I know...I live in Fremont).
Old 08-06-2004, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by jarod,Aug 6 2004, 12:02 PM
It all depends on your budget. Check out citysearch.com for SF places to go. Also check SFstation.com for events happening in the city.

Sausalito has good scenic places to go. I don't think there's any nightlife there though. Fremont has nothing (I know...I live in Fremont).
hey thanks!...
i guess about $100 to $150 for an afternoon and dinner for 2... have you been to Tokyo Go Go or Blowfish sushi?... i'm more towards some good sushi place (personally all i need is some good fish and chips) but the lady gets to choose this time ... and as far as Sausalito .. i'm just gonna go to their visitor center and find out more....

thanks,
Mike
Old 08-06-2004, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by mlswoosh,Aug 6 2004, 01:23 PM
hey thanks!...
i guess about $100 to $150 for an afternoon and dinner for 2... have you been to Tokyo Go Go or Blowfish sushi?... i'm more towards some good sushi place (personally all i need is some good fish and chips) but the lady gets to choose this time ... and as far as Sausalito .. i'm just gonna go to their visitor center and find out more....

thanks,
Mike
I've been to both Blowfish (SF and Santa Clara). Good quality, but very pricey. If you're into french food, there's this small french restaurant in the Castro district of SF called "Cote Sud". Great food and the price is good for high quality french food. Should fit within your budget.

Romantic places to go would be the Palace of Fine Arts or the Legion of Honor. Another place is anywhere in Golden Gate Park. A stroll through the Japanese Garden is cool.