California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Glyde or the Dare

Old 08-17-2008, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glyde or the Dare

Alright time to upgrade phones ... I'm torn between these two unfortunately. Verizon doesn't carry iPhones so this is what i got to work with. I wont be using the internet or any of that sort since from what I hear, surfing the web through verizon sucks really bad. Besides that, I just need a phone to txt, call, and have fun with when I'm bored.

The contenders:

Samsung Glyde

LG Dare

I need help deciding which one to get, or if there are other better ones suited for me. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:58 PM

glyde! since the dare doesnt have the qwerty keyboard...
Old 08-17-2008, 11:04 PM

to be HONEST, i would not get either one. Yes, internet on verizon is garbage. And internet on those phones are garbage too (according to many reviews).

If I had to choose between the two, I would definitely go with the Glyde. The touch keyboard on the Dare is, from what I've experienced, complete crap. Nothing like the iPhone.

I tried out the glyde as well, and the flip up keyboard is great for texting and emailing (although email support is not very effective). The display is a bit small IMO, so it doesn't really work well with the touch screen. And if taking cell phone pics is important to you, the photo quality on the glyde blows.

If you're looking for something more simple and compact, take a look at the Samsung Alias. It's the size of a razr and has a full qwerty keyboard.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by vtechnique,Aug 17 2008, 11:04 PM
to be HONEST, i would not get either one. Yes, internet on verizon is garbage. And internet on those phones are garbage too (according to many reviews).

If I had to choose between the two, I would definitely go with the Glyde. The touch keyboard on the Dare is, from what I've experienced, complete crap. Nothing like the iPhone.

I tried out the glyde as well, and the flip up keyboard is great for texting and emailing.

If you're looking for something more simple and compact, take a look at the Samsung Alias. It's the size of a razr and has a full qwerty keyboard.
EDIT: Nevermind, I know what that is ... I want something more cooler looking ahahaha thats why i'm trying to choose between those two. Maybe the Decoy or enV II?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

then just pick whatever you think is cooler since your deal breaker is having the cooler looking phone over the more functional one for what you do/need.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 AM

I have the Dare and im happy with it.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 18 2008, 08:04 AM
then just pick whatever you think is cooler since your deal breaker is having the cooler looking phone over the more functional one for what you do/need.
u just him

Old 08-18-2008, 12:11 PM

i would take the glide over the dare, seems like a better phone over all. the dare is sleeker though but to me that isnt a big factor, i own the voyager, and having a full qwerty keyboard makes txting so much faster compared to any touch qwerty keyboard ive used, guess it just takes getting used to though. this is somewhat bias opinion coming from a happy voyager owner.

the internet really isnt that bad with the voyager, it has decent loading speeds, but yeah i completely agree its nothing close the the iphone. just use it for craigslist, and banking mostly.

the music compatibility is okay as well, to much of a hassle for me to use it

but yeah over all im happy with my phone. im guessing the glide isnt that much different from my phone other than sliding open instead of flipping and screen size.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I know you said you only have Verizon - trust my G'zone waterproof flip phone for daily use

But for data, it's Blackberry Curve or iPhone 3G man!

rk
Old 08-18-2008, 01:37 PM

I would say Glyde. Having a qwerty keypad is much better than a touch screen for texting.

Quick Reply: Glyde or the Dare