California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Gear install at Rearendspecialties

Old 04-24-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear install at Rearendspecialties

Hey guys, I just ordered my 4.44 gears and was wondering has anyone gotten their gears installed by rearendspecialties?

Also When I contacted them, i spoke with a mech and he said that I wouldn't need bearings or shims and they can get the job done for $450. Does that sound right?

Also, this is my first mod, everything else is stock. Anyone recommend a tune? or should i wait until I get an I/E/H s/c?

If anyone know if any other shops that can do it please let me know =)
Old 04-24-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LINK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Old 04-24-2009, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Apr 24 2009, 03:29 PM
and that pretty much wraps this thread up!!!LOL
Old 04-24-2009, 11:41 PM

lol well.... i dunno... if anyone out there would like to chime in that would be great, i've hit that research button quite a few times and the threads are either old, or not that many people gave a review on that shop.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by BowaBowa,Apr 24 2009, 11:41 PM
lol well.... i dunno... if anyone out there would like to chime in that would be great, i've hit that research button quite a few times and the threads are either old, or not that many people gave a review on that shop.
that shop is great man trust me! i had my rear end done there and $450 installed is a awesome price u will not find a cheaper more quality shop for sure! everyone telling u to search referred me there so ur good!!! and everyone here got there rear ends done there also

Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by BowaBowa,Apr 25 2009, 12:41 AM
i guess everyone that went there previous recommending them in old threads mean nothing. do you need someone to hold your hand down there to?
Old 04-25-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by ap1son,Apr 25 2009, 10:36 AM
that shop is great man trust me! i had my rear end done there and $450 installed is a awesome price u will not find a cheaper more quality shop for sure! everyone telling u to search referred me there so ur good!!! and everyone here got there rear ends done there also

thanks for the input there! more inputs like these and less trolls like oranges2k plz and thnx!

i guess everyone that went there previous recommending them in old threads mean nothing. do you need someone to hold your hand down there to?
like i've said, i've done my fair share of hittin that search button and the "old threads" are not a few days or months old, its 4-5 years old... a lot can happen in 4-5 years

honestly though, please don't post unnecessary comments just to up your PPD.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by BowaBowa,Apr 25 2009, 05:19 PM
thanks for the input there! more inputs like these and less trolls like oranges2k plz and thnx!

like i've said, i've done my fair share of hittin that search button and the "old threads" are not a few days or months old, its 4-5 years old... a lot can happen in 4-5 years

honestly though, please don't post unnecessary comments just to up your PPD.
im not a troll, i just like to flame on newbies since it seems like no one knows how to search these days. Especially when the answer has been repeated multiple times AND someone else has posted search results for them. Like, what else it is you want?

btw, if you think im doing it to bring up my PPD your ridiculous. but i guess my higher PPD would make me cooler than owning an orange s2k...
Old 04-25-2009, 06:32 PM

my brother went there for a gear change on his mustang a couple years ago. in and out of the shop within 30 min. no gear whine for 2 years plus. he went because of the good reputation they have so i would assume that you wouldnt have any problems
Old 04-25-2009, 06:36 PM

If Vu and Mac took their cars to them to get their diff's fixed and they are satisfied then they should be reputable. I consider them both my s2000 gurus. =)

PPD post average doesnt really mean anything thing or worth anything so please dont even start any arguments.

Quick Reply: Gear install at Rearendspecialties