California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It

Old 09-10-2003, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wantone
[B]Minako, hey you're a sweetie actually I had the same idea and posted it on the other S2_Raw's thread... like an hour ago... SEE SEE SEE
Old 09-10-2003, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by minako

I said SOME PEOPLE. Not ALL OF THE PEOPLE. But Ev? He slipped on gravel and ran into some rocks that fell from a rockslide. Was that his fault? Or the driver of the EVO? Did he go "Yay!! A tree!! Let me run into it and total it woohoo!!"? There were some things that were driver induced and some things that were just sheer bad luck. Don't lump them all into the same category.
Ok so who actually benefits from this fund? The 2 caught street racing? The Evo? Ev doesn't, he's a donor. So as I see it this is paying for the ones that got caught racing. How can you say that this mess isn't their own fault??

The only part that isn't their fault is that everyone found out about it.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:25 PM

Actually, I had started this out to be a benefit to everyone who was affected that night. Since Ev is a donor, I think that the majority of the money would go towards the Evo, because he wouldn't have even been out there with us if it wasn't for the meet. Also, one of the guys who was doing the racing said that he wouldn't feel right taking any of the money that was being donated here, because of what he did. But he did mention that it was nice to have other people think of him. I guess I wasn't really looking for tons of monetary support, more like emotional support, for the people affected. Yes, the two racing got caught. Yes, it was their fault. They have already started paying for their mistakes, which they have both expressed deep remorse about.

You'll have to forgive me guys, I was starting to get a little upset and taking some comments as being directed towards me. I think I've been taking on too many responsibilities at work these past few days and maybe I'm a little on edge. I've been trying to keep things light, though.

Good thing my boyfriend and I are heading out to Vegas this weekend. I need a rest and something cheery to bring me back to my usual smilie self.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:27 PM

JDMwhore - Also, are you really going to donate $100 to a cure for cancer or some other such charity? If so, that is really cool. It shows you've got a soft spot underneath all that rough talk.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish for my donation to go to S2Sav and GS Raw, not to the Evo guy... he's not even an S2000 member
Old 09-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Spammer

Originally posted by minako
I think that the majority of the money would go towards the Evo, because he wouldn't have even been out there with us if it wasn't for the meet.
WTF>

that is totally stupid. You cannot put the blame on your shoulders since you guys decided to hold the meet and group drive. It was his choice to show up, it was his choice to go on the drive, it was also his choice to drive fast. Why should a person who is not even on this board be entitled to the funds, honestly if the funds were to be divided up, give to the members of s2ki, not some random chum that you just met last saturday and now you pity him. Minako, it is no ones fault that the Evo guy crashed, only one the assume blame is the Evo driver and fate. You arent obligated in anyway just because he attended your event and his car got damaged. Sounds harsh, but giving out free money to someone who hasnt contributed one bit to this board is dumb.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:04 AM

I think Minako meant Ev-o
Old 09-11-2003, 12:23 AM

4IGS2000 ... it is quite hard at this point. I want to divide the money evenly, truthfully, between the four parties involved. Ev is a donater, therefore he has declined needing anything from this. I don't have any qualms about dividing it up between the three that are left, but everybody is getting all worked up about two of the three being the 'racers'.

Presumably, the Evo will have insurance and most likely won't need our assistance. So that leaves the two that got caught and spent the night in jail. Personally, my original plan was to give it to the two who went to jail because they are the ones left that need the help, and they got hit the hardest.

Seriously, I'd still like to do that, and if it's alright with the people who donated, I will do so. But ultimately, it's up to the people who donated their money to tell me who they think it should go to. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 09-11-2003, 12:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4IGS2000
[B]WTF>
Old 09-11-2003, 02:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by minako
[B]
You're joking, right?

Quick Reply: Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It