California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It

Old 09-09-2003, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wantone
[B]Sorry Rylan but I was referring to JDMWhore's statement...
Old 09-09-2003, 09:10 AM

People People! If you want to donate, donate. If you don't, don't. Let's just leave it at that!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:23 AM
SaV

First and foremost, I must thank Minako for such a generous idea. It is people like you that remember that this forum is a community . Thank you for everyone that is supporting Leo and I. It is good to know that we have wonderful friends .

I was one of the people that got arrested that night. I do not deserve anything. Being a member on this board since day 1, I don't even want anyones empathy. The only thing that I do want is for the people that were not there that night to NOT PASS JUDGEMENT. You were not there, so you have nothing to say. Allegedly, I screwed up. Let it be at that.

Lastly, I still claim my innocence in this matter. I didn't do anything illegal.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JDMwhore

As I see it the only driver who remotely deserves anything MIGHT be the evo driver who hit a fallen tree coming around a corner.
but, that is why we have insurance, i dont feel it is anybody responsibility to pay their deductable for any kind of reason. If you can afford a 35K Evo8, you sure can afford a $500 deductable. Same with the S2000
Old 09-09-2003, 10:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2SaV
[B]First
Old 09-09-2003, 10:38 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by minako
Also, I don't want anybody to say "Well they deserved it!" or "Let them pay for their own mistakes!". If you have to say something like that, don't say it here.

Why not honor the wishes of the thread originator?
Old 09-09-2003, 10:42 AM

i think it's time to re-read what minako said in her post. no one is placing any responsibility or obligation upon any of you to help out. i clearly see the negative points that some of you are bringing up. however, have some courtesy and don't rob this thread of it's original intent.

if you do not agree, feel free to move on to the next thread. it's the same deal with AIDS. if you feel that it's someone's fault for getting HIV, do you go out talk trash about every AIDS fund thats out there? if you don't want to make it your business, then don't.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:51 AM

JDMwhore and everyone who's posted. I apologize if you feel I'm targeting you but there are a few points I'd like to make clear about this thread...

1. Nobody is forcing you to make a contribution. This is a thread based on choice. If you want to make one, great. If you don't want to, that is great too. But please refrain from posting why you don't think you or anyone should make a contribution or why these guys should not deserve our help. And don't stone the people who have contributed. It's that simple.

2. The guys who got arrested are paying already-- A. Jail Time, B. Bail, C. Citation, D. Lawyer Fees, E. Car Impounded/Storage Fees, F. Hiked Insurance (next couple of years), G. Mouthful from relatives, H. Embarassment from fellow members. The crime? They drove at an unsafe speed. I've done it, perhaps you've done it. Were you a direct victim? Is their crime so heinous so as to deserve a further tongue lashing from directors, sponsors, and members with the same car? From the same board? I'm speechless. Heck, would it be better for Minako to start a thread to put these guys back to jail? Would that satisfy?

3. Why is everyone so pissed???

These 2 guys, in my opinion, have taken their first step towards learning from their mistakes by posting a thread about what they went through to discourage others from speeding. Not many of us here I'm certain would have done that!

What is so apalling to me is that: 1. We're trying to justify why we shouldn't make a contribution. Again, if you don't want to, fine. 2. At the very very least, these are guys who are members of the site, they're paying the price as mentioned above yet we've suddenly turned them into outcasts!? You're certainly not an outcast if you don't want to make a contribution and I'd help you if I had the means, but to comment on whether it's right or not to help these guys is totally uncalled for. Why? And please spare me the "my insurance will be increased because of people like that, and oh the image people will have of me..." save it...

Flame me if I'm wrong here...
Old 09-09-2003, 10:56 AM

Oh and lastly, neither me, Leo, Cliff, or EVO man ever asked Minako to start this thread nor asked anyone who came or didn't come to the meet to make any concessions.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 PM

Hi guys...

I didn't realize this was going to start such a controversy. I tried to head it off at the beginning... Remember that movie Bambi? Where Thumper says "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

I know that a lot of people feel that they don't want to help. That is fine. However, think of it this way - whenever you are in trouble, doesn't it feel good to know someone is thinking of you and wishing you the best? I'm sure we've all done something stupid in our lives, but we've had support from our friends and family to help us get through things like that.

ALSO if you want to help one person and not the other, then just say so. Say "Here is my donation to help this person, but I don't want it to go to so and so." You can just PM it to me, I won't give anybody away.

And another thing - I found out I didn't get off scott free from Saturday night, either. I had hit a tire that was in my lane somewhere along hwy 1, I think, and it scuffed up the bottom of my front bumper. But I'm not complaining! I was fortunate enough to not have gotten into an accident or pulled over by a cop. Some people were not as fortunate. So... let's try to be a little nicer to each other, and again... If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Quick Reply: Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It