California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It

Old 09-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been pulled over before doing well over 100, granted it was on 5 w/ no one around. No jail, no impound. Seriously I've talked to plenty of CHP. You have to be doing something really stupid or have a crappy attitude to get your shit impounded and a ride in the black and white limo.

2 guys racing in the middle of the night. hmmmmmmmmm

So was this before or after Ev's crash and the EVO's encounter w/ the tree?
Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not calling the people who want to help stupid. I'm calling the people who got into trouble stupid. And stupid people don't deserve help.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Rylan but I was referring to JDMWhore's statement... but as stupid as some people may be they are people too, more importantly, they are friends and members to this great site, and for that, I'll always lend a hand.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Spammer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SYCOSHO
[B]

Can you just STOP the negative comments?
Old 09-09-2003, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4IGS2000
[B]

actually its a almost a new law in california.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Spammer

Originally posted by SYCOSHO

If i'm not mistaken, it was the same buch of CHP's that were on the mountain who arrested Cliff and Leo, so these Cops already had it in for us (not that speeding didn't provoke them), but any other cops might have just gave them a hard time for an hour and cited them. Just like krazik said, he was doing over a 100 and he wasn't put in jail.... they just ran into the wrong cops.
there is difference, he wasnt racing anyone, do you understand that people have been killed from street racing? That is why cops crack down on it so hard. They arent trying to be the asshole, they just dont want to see people get hurt. Say a 76 year old man passes a cop at 110, do you seriously think he will go to jail?
i know a lot of people who have passed 100 and have gotten pulled over, no jail like krazik said, but what do those people have in common, they WEREN'T RACING anyone.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:32 AM
pll

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krazik
[B]I specifically said that her intentions are good, but.....

They don't deserve any help.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:47 AM
Ash

I think you guys are making the common mistake in the assumption that all people act rationally... be it the people on the drive... or the CHP.

I certainly wasn't on the drive, and I'm not saying I know what happened, but I think we all know that 1) it is possible for people to have bad stuff happen to them when they drive, and 2) for CHP or cops to be dicks. While this might not be the whole story, or even part of the story... I think the point here is to help out others WITHOUT PASSING JUDGEMENT and reinforce the S2k community... and as with all other things, people are "free to pass."

whatever.... I don't feel the need to contribute monetarily here, but I don't see a need to call people out or create a rift either. I think it's pretty common knowledge that there are different schools of thinking on this board when it comes to driving.

Keep it in mind....
Old 09-09-2003, 05:53 AM

If i'm not mistaken, it was the same buch of CHP's that were on the mountain who arrested Cliff and Leo, so these Cops already had it in for us (not that speeding didn't provoke them), but any other cops might have just gave them a hard time for an hour and cited them. Just like krazik said, he was doing over a 100 and he wasn't put in jail.... they just ran into the wrong cops.
I don't think they ran into the wrong cops. I think that pretty much other cops would have done the same. Don't get me wrong these guys are way cool in my book, however I have to say that even if they weren't racing, it sure looked like it and sure sounded like it; I would know - I was behind them....
Old 09-09-2003, 07:27 AM

If these were the same cops that arrived at the scene on 35 they didnt have it in for you. How can you say they had it in for you guys when they respond to a accident, then after the accident they see the same group racing on the hwy at speeds more than a 100 mph? They were not just speeding over a 100, they were racing, there is a differance. You cant compare Rylan going over 100 to this, totally diffrent. If the CHP sees a accident, then 50 sports cars speeding through the hills its gonna be all over their radio, and cops will be everywhere. If I was the CHP that responded to that I would have taken them to jail too!

Quick Reply: Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It