California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It

Old 09-11-2003, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look Richard, I don't see why you are bringing Ev back into this. After about the third post, he donated money, this fund isn't about him. This fund is for the two who got caught racing on 280, and for some Evo driver who nobody knows, and who isn't a part of this s2ki community. The guys who acted moronic are the racers. So this is a thread and fund for people who acted like morons that night.

No offense to Sav and Raw, we all get caught up in the moment sometimes, but this thread/fund is lame.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:50 AM

Hahaha. It's always nice to call someone a moron then say no offense.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-11-2003, 10:42 AM

All in all, the thought is wonderful and pure in it's own right.
I think the idea of collecting money for the needy or ill is great! Many biker clubs and car clubs do this for cancer research Etc. I'm down for something like that. It raises awareness and helps those that really need help. Sick and dying children deserve this kind of sentiment. I'm down for something like that anytime but not for a couple of rich kids that have a blurred sense of what is right and wrong.
Perhaps we could get together as a club and do something for children or cancer victims and families. Especially around the holidays. Everything we collect minus my commission (joking) could go to a worthy cause. I'm not sure how or what to do but we could and should do something. I think donating that money to a worthy cause would be a good start and show where everyone's heart is. Jacobs Heart is a great charity. Go check these kids out. It'll break your heart. I recently donated a wheel chair to them. Made me feel good. We all have junk in our garages and houses that we could sell and or donate. How do all of you feel about this? It would give our club a good and clean reputation. Maybe the site could run a donation drive or auction off perks, parts, hard top covers, car covers, t shirts, hats or whatever. A couple nights in Vegas. The sky is the limit. Now a word from our sponsors!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:51 AM
SaV

The way this thread is going is certainly not how anyone expected it to be. I never expected that there would be so many attacks at people's sympathy, nor the name calling that Leo and I have recieved. As a common excuse all that is said is,"It is nothing against [them]." Many of my friends are being ridiculed at the expense of their generosity? I can only ask, why?

I never asked for this fund. This fund is out of my hands; therefore, I have no say at what happens. Yet, everyone should be courteous with one another. Please do not speak badly of the views and morales of the people that contribute. It is their choice, and their choice alone. An attack at them is nothing but a childish act to enforce one's opinion/belief onto others. They didn't ask for it, nor should you give it to them.

Moronic, asshat, stupid, those and more are the labels that people have said of Leo and I. I rarely spoke a word, yet the attacks keep streaming in. The actions that I have done is a direct representation of myself. By attacking the action, you will in essence, attack me. Is this where the lines are going to be drawn? Is this where I will separate who is 'friend' and who is 'foe'?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SECRET AP1
[B]

Old 09-11-2003, 11:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedS2Girl
[B]

Ev already posted that his insurance is taking care of his mess, besides, he's a baller.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by jrfblueeyes
I think the idea of collecting money for the needy or ill is great!
I took out the rest of your message, because there is no sense in repeating the whole thing, but I think you have a wonderful idea. I always contribute as much as I can to those nice people that leave green bags at my door asking for donations for cancer research. I think they are great!

That being said, I was hoping that we could do something like you suggested. Wouldn't it just make you feel good to donate something to those in need? Christmas is a good time to do so, but I also hope people donate what they are able to afford all throughout the year (like me!).

I want to clarify something. This donation fund isn't about people begging for money. To Cliff and Leo, I wanted it to be a message to let them know - we, as s2ki members, are sympathetic to your plight, we know you deeply regret what happened, and we would like you to know we are thinking of you. Nobody is begging for money, I just thought it would be a nice gesture. Like S2Girl said, people do moronic things in their lives. I say, the best thing you can do is to stick by those people through their hard times.

As someone mentioned before, think about HIV. What if you knew someone who contracted the virus from sex? Obviously, they would feel deeply regretful and there is no way to go back in time and do things differently. Would you call them names and say "That's what you get for having unprotected sex, moron!" I would hope that you would stick by them and try to help in any way you could. Be it monetarily, emotionally, whatever... the main point is that those people are going to feel awfully lonely in their plight and the kindness of others can make a load of difference.

Please don't attack each other or call each other names. This is supposed to help bring a community together, not pit members against each other. If you don't agree with a donation, nobody is going to label you a jerk... And there is no need to post messages that make people think you a jerk.

I am going to leave the donation fund open until Saturday, September 20th. The money we have collected so far won't be enough to make a big dent in anybody's bills, but I'm sure the gesture itself will be far more valuable than the monetary amount, and that's all I was really aiming for here.

Take care, everybody, and drive safely out there!
Old 09-11-2003, 02:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DongTran
[B]

Thanks for stooping down and taking this to a personal level.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:40 PM

I am lil lost here.Can someone filled me in please thanks.

Quick Reply: Fund-raiser... For Those Who Need It