California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group
View Poll Results: Do you have front plates in the Bay Area (reply with your city + stories)
YES, I have front plates.
37.78%
NO, front plates are fugly and _________.
62.22%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Front License Plates in the SF Bay Area..?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SmeeKs
I took my front plate off last night and ordered my bumper caps this morning I must say, the car looks so much better w/o it. I left the front plate on in MD bc I was in school and campus cops had nothing better to do than harass ppl.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I run my plate, but at all the meets and drives I've been to, I'm in the extreme minority. Sometimes I'm the only one with a front plate. My reasons are the same as everyone else's, I don't want to do give the cops any extra reason to ticket me.

But I "stick it to the man" by carefully washing around it every time I wash the car. That thing is covered in bugs and grime.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cpaforever
the cops in the SF and Marin will absolutely cite it for no front plate. the fix it ticket is no longer "free". it will cost you a process fee and some other revenue generating BS.

the car looks much more cleaner without the plate without a doubt, but its your choice to whether pay and get harassed, or just get with it.

actually the car looks pretty clean with the plate located to the side by using a plate relocating bracket, so you still get the look and avoid potential problems.

Good to know. Cops are bored in Marin. Evidenced by the 500 officer response to the nut case who barricaded himself yesterday about a mile from my place.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm calling BS on this poll, I've never seen any parking lot full of s2000's where 50% of them have front plates! Are you kidding me!! The only explanation is that somehow the title of this thread drew all of the front plate wearing people out of the wood works.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
I'm calling BS on this poll, I've never seen any parking lot full of s2000's where 50% of them have front plates! Are you kidding me!! The only explanation is that somehow the title of this thread drew all of the front plate wearing people out of the wood works.
Do you demand a recount?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryD
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1313727955' post='20892806
Do you demand a recount?
Lol yes, I agree with casey, the amount Of s2k's I've seen don't have front plates...I dont have a front plate cause I got a kentucky iraq vet plate and want given a second one
Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM

gonna bump this topic....i got a ticket for not having a front plate while parked in SF. i have an amuse front bumper and have no means of mounting it (cleanly without drilling holes). anyone have any suggestions or thoughts for how i can fix this?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arrrmand
gonna bump this topic....i got a ticket for not having a front plate while parked in SF. i have an amuse front bumper and have no means of mounting it (cleanly without drilling holes). anyone have any suggestions or thoughts for how i can fix this?
Do you have a grille on your front bumper? There's this DIY front plate mount that RylisPro wrote. No drilling needed on your bumper.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:29 PM

i havent had front OR back plates on my car for 2 years
Old 10-09-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont have a front plate (car actually came WITH bumper plugs) But Im considering putting it back on. I have a vanity plate and have had a few run in's with cops (no ticket yet) but am always nervous about this. Real question is...how to mount it...should I bother with the OEM front plate holder or should I just screw it directly to the bumper...

Quick Reply: Front License Plates in the SF Bay Area..?