California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

FRIDAYS IN Milpitas BOBA MEEt ...9pm

Old 08-24-2007, 12:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

hey guys,

I'm just reading all the things here about cops and *knock on wood but for me it has not really been an issue when it comes to cops.

I totally agree with Mac and Vu in that if we are not doing anything illegal that we have nothing to worry about.

I can't believe a cop would innocently harass you just cuz you are driving a modded car or just cuz you are asian! At least 20-30% of the local police force seem to be asian and I know quite a few of them. I've even rode on a few patrols with them on occasion and the cars they pull over always looked suspicious to say the least......(not cuz they are modded but because they are doing other things such as speeding, revving to taunt the cops, or even making illegal traffic manuevers)

Guess my personal experience has been much better with most of them walkin over to talk to me and we have friendly chats over the cars. And trust me most of my cars are all FAR from stock and highly modified

heck just last night I was in Palo Alto grabbing dinner and we walked into the Chili's and there was about 5 P.A. PD' squad cars and 2 patrol bikes parked outside so I parked between them in my s2k. As we left they walked out with us and was checking out my ride - they loved the supercharger whine and we even joked who's car was faster...hahaha

Most cops are just people and many have hobbies like us the rest of us. My old roomie was a sheriff so we had police cars at our house all the time (most of the neighbors thought we were in trouble...haha)

I'm not saying they are 100% correct but "usually" they pull people over because you are giving them a reason to......

**FYI:

I do avoid San Jose PD on Friday nights in the downtown area since they have been known to harass modded cars so that's when my SUV comes in handy

I hope some of you guys will keep showing up to the Friday meets cuz I know I will continue to go as I see fit. I have never allowed anyone else to tell me how to behave or change my habits so I will continue to frequent these meets whenever I feel like it.

Rick
Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do agree that we have our own rights. I've been into the import modify scene for 10 years now. my record for having modified cars has been 28 fix-it tickets, 2 times state ref and tons of money just for fines, thanks to milpitas, union city, fremont, and haywards finest.

yes I did participate in illegal street races but in the end I got all my tickets from sitting in a parking lot with a bunch of modified cars. not only myself but I do know this is the same reason for why other people don't come out. I'm not being a jerk in any way. I'm just trying to prevent myself from getting those stupid tickets again.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

y not just move to another location then??
Old 08-24-2007, 02:01 PM

damn, this doesn't sound good, i was planning to come up for a meet sometime. Hope the cop harassment problem gets resolved..
Old 08-24-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by itS2Krazy,Aug 24 2007, 01:09 PM
I do agree that we have our own rights. I've been into the import modify scene for 10 years now. my record for having modified cars has been 28 fix-it tickets, 2 times state ref and tons of money just for fines, thanks to milpitas, union city, fremont, and haywards finest.

yes I did participate in illegal street races but in the end I got all my tickets from sitting in a parking lot with a bunch of modified cars. not only myself but I do know this is the same reason for why other people don't come out. I'm not being a jerk in any way. I'm just trying to prevent myself from getting those stupid tickets again.
^^smart guy

I've been in this industry/scene about same as Joey and I know exactly what he is talking about. I don't know about around here but the cops that I used to deal with are not so nice and they'll get you a ticket for any reason they can. I don't think going back to the place where cops will be waiting is smart. Here are my suggestions.

1.) simply change the meet date (s2ki meet)
2.) simply change the location (s2ki meet)
3.) do 1 and 2

I just don't see any reason to stick with Milpitas for now (unless the boba needs to be from sweetheart, fantasia, or quickly). We can always come back when things get back the way it was.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 PM

A different day would be a fantastic idea. That would throw everyone (cops... even non-S2ki'ers) for a loop. We could still eek a few more meets!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K2Rhiro255,Aug 24 2007, 03:08 PM
I just don't see any reason to stick with Milpitas for now (unless the boba needs to be from sweetheart, fantasia, or quickly). We can always come back when things get back the way it was.
I guess because I'm stubborn like that. I don't like the idea of the cops dictating to us where and when we can meet, seeing as how we aren't doing anything wrong and S2ki is the one that started having this meet at this location, plus Milpitas is a very central location with tons of parking. I guess if this continues to be a problem, then we will need to move the meet to a location that makes everyone feel more comfortable.

My $.02
Old 08-24-2007, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by itS2Krazy,Aug 24 2007, 01:09 PM

28 different times and you still mobbing your J's s2000, a true JDM SOLDIER right here, hahahaha

my friend got popped once, and written up for 29 citations..

haha, one was for stock turbo though.

apparently, he was "a cop for longer than you [he] was alive, and has never heard of turbo coming stock on a car"

But back on topic:

For those who are saying that the meet should just stay in place because there is no illegal activity going on, then look at the rears of your cars, and under your hoods <- you're guilty, and so am i.

Cops may not agree with the laws, but they're also not the ones who make them, it's just their job to enforce them. If i were a cop, i'd still write fix it tickets, even if i have a modified s2000 and see no reason in it, i'm still going to do what i'm hired to do..

plus there's the whole guilty by affiliation thing, i know some of the other parties race after or during the meets sometimes, might be rare, but it does happen. I hardly ever come out, and i've seen 2 already.. It's just like at the illegals, even if you're not participating, and just there watching, they'll still nail you..

If everyone drove their DD's, camry's and minivans, then i'd say there is nothing to worry about - DD meet FTW hahaha
Old 08-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by still,Aug 24 2007, 02:15 PM
For those who are saying that the meet should just stay in place because there is no illegal activity going on, then look at the rears of your cars, and under your hoods <- you're guilty, and so am i.

Cops may not agree with the laws, but they're also not the ones who make them, it's just their job to enforce them. If i were a cop, i'd still write fix it tickets, even if i have a modified s2000 and see no reason in it, i'm still going to do what i'm hired to do..

plus there's the whole guilty by affiliation thing, i know some of the other parties race after or during the meets sometimes, might be rare, but it does happen. I hardly ever come out, and i've seen 2 already.. It's just like at the illegals, even if you're not participating, and just there watching, they'll still nail you..

If everyone drove their DD's, camry's and minivans, then i'd say there is nothing to worry about - DD meet FTW hahaha
As much as I hate the voice of reason... you are so right.

I vote for DD meet too. We should have a contest of who has the biggest POS gets a free boba.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by RWD_RCKT,Aug 24 2007, 03:36 PM
As much as I hate the voice of reason... you are so right.

I vote for DD meet too. We should have a contest of who has the biggest POS gets a free boba.
hahaha

I'll bring my old car... I'll be smokin and burning oil the whole way there...

lol

Quick Reply: FRIDAYS IN Milpitas BOBA MEEt ...9pm