Originally Posted by rhayward,Aug 11 2007, 01:45 AM
new location seems to be needed

so where toooooo?
Here ya go

x2

Old 08-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The police officer was a complete ass and had no reason for being there. He also has no right telling us to leave. I stayed right where I was until he left.

I'm going to do a bit of research about loitering to find out if there is some sort of time limit after being a customer.

The other thing is not 100% of us have to be customers either to be able to hang out.

Littering, I think most people know how I feel about it. I don't understand why people think they have the right to do it. Trash cans are located close by and should be used. Please don't be soo damn lazy. This goes to the smokers as well. Please respect your land and home.

If the property management company is calling the cops which I doubt then we'll have to find a new place. Otherwise I think we should keep meeting here until then. We shouldn't let one a hole ruin it. Richard started something good and we should keep it going.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear this... but to be honest, I didn't like what the Milpitas meet was turning into for the last several months... no longer felt comfortable with the venue... except for you s2ki folks... hope you guys can find a alternative spot thats as nice as the Ranch 99 spot was...
Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 AM

Wow,.. this sucks.

Not that I went very often but it was a great place to see a variety of cars all in one place.

I was supposed to take one of my students/interns from Bulgaria next week he was really excited when I was telling him about it. He's going to be upset .

D
Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Nobody said it was over yet.

If we park in front of Sweethearts we'll be fine. Let the police officers dwindle down the crowd and it'll just be us again.

He (the police officer) has to called out by someone acting as owner at the time, i.e. Property Management or Security guard.

I'm going to stop by M.P.D. today (hopefully) or Monday and find out local jurisdiction laws about loitering.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:20 AM

I think anywhere we go with enough people like these meets we're going to run into the cops just a few times possibly. They just doing their jobs too since they prob sick of getting complaints
Old 08-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Former Moderator

we need to find a venue where it's us only. the fast and the furious crowd grew too large there.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by macr88,Aug 11 2007, 03:15 AM
The police officer was a complete ass and had no reason for being there. He also has no right telling us to leave. I stayed right where I was until he left.

I'm going to do a bit of research about loitering to find out if there is some sort of time limit after being a customer.

The other thing is not 100% of us have to be customers either to be able to hang out.

Littering, I think most people know how I feel about it. I don't understand why people think they have the right to do it. Trash cans are located close by and should be used. Please don't be soo damn lazy. This goes to the smokers as well. Please respect your land and home.

If the property management company is calling the cops which I doubt then we'll have to find a new place. Otherwise I think we should keep meeting here until then. We shouldn't let one a hole ruin it. Richard started something good and we should keep it going.
I agree on the littering part, guilty as charged.

But as far as sticking it to the cops b going back defiantly and debating the definition of loitering, forget it - it's not worth the stress. Use the opportunity to find a venue that is more exclusive, personal and better for S2KI!!!

Is not hard - pick a starbucks with a bustling night clientele and try it out. We are not that many and we are not that routy.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:12 AM

mac, this came from the mr2 board:
He drove around the main lot telling everybody that we needed to leave because we were taking up spaces in the parking lot for the local businesses and if we didn't, we would be cited. All the surrounding businesses were empty so people just went to the end of the plaza and parked there.

He also popped some subaru's hood & gave him a ticket for something..
from the 350z forum:
good meet tonight guys ... until the cop came and told us to leave.

what are we going to do next week? the cop said "you guys are in a private parking lot" ... no we're not ... and he said "anyone not eatting in these restaurants will have to leave now because these restaurants pay for the parking and their customers have no where to park".

i'm afraid he might come back next week with back up ...
how retarded, there are tons of parking spots for other people. and that excuse he gave you about the trash thing is pretty stupid too. i just recalled talking to one of the parking lot sweeper guys last winter and he was saying that even if theres nothing on the ground, he has to make a sweep of the place anyway. so the property is paying for that service regardless. oh, and he would rather it be in the middle of the parking lot so he doesnt have to get out and blow all the stuff into the middle of the parking lot so the sweeper can pick it up.
so it seems this guy is making up excuses to disband the meet for no good reason. i suggest that we compile a list of the different excuses he gave to various people, along with written declarations from the local businesses vouching for letting us stay and submit it to the milpenis police dept and get this jerk off our back.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cyberous,Aug 11 2007, 08:53 AM
Wow,.. this sucks.

Not that I went very often but it was a great place to see a variety of cars all in one place.

I was supposed to take one of my students/interns from Bulgaria next week he was really excited when I was telling him about it. He's going to be upset .

D
i don't think it would be a problem meeting in milpitas. we just get there on time of "meet time" & i think we should be okay.

we never had a problem before. someone probably must have complained.

Quick Reply: FRIDAYS IN Milpitas BOBA MEEt ...9pm