California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

FRIDAYS IN Milpitas BOBA MEEt ...9pm

Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-05-2007, 04:10 AM

[QUOTE]SOHCmyDOHC Posted on Mar 5 2007, 01:28 AM
QUOTE (Methanol inj @ Mar 4 2007, 01:30 PM)
I was trippin a little since a cop pulled up behind me when I pulled in. Then again my car was all stock.

I also heard that the guy w/ the camaro carries his dyno sheet with him??

I think I'll bring the mango next time along w/ the other F20 swaps.

First off, I carry my dyno sheet as proof of my numbers when asked. I hear all kinds of numbers by different cars, but none have backed there claims up with proof.

Secondly, I look forward to check out the "mango" this coming Friday.

I'm not tryin to disrespect or instigate bro. I just find it odd that you carry your dyno sheet. All you really have to do is pop the hood up and anyone who knows domestics will make out what you got. I'm sure you're a cool guy and look forward to meeting you also. BTW my name is Andy. My buddy was actually thinking of swapping an LS1 into a celica! I got love for all makes and models. Been looking into a first gen camaro... Anyone say 2JZ??

As far as next week I won't be showing up since I'm working... Otherwise I'd be at
HIN.

Andy,

Thank you for clarifying your position. Believe it or not, not all domestics owners know what their looking at when the hood of a car is popped open, let alone import owners.

I'll give you an example...I just came back from a "sprirted drive" with a fully built 427, heads, very, very aggressive cam, etc. camaro tonight. Most people wouldn't be able to recognize one by looking under the hood. Most of the audience gawked at my setup vs. his. What they didn't know was he's pushing 560'ish (without spray) to the rear vs. my 450'ish rwhp. Needless to say, it wasn't very pretty for me!

Believe me when I tell you that there are those who doubt my #'s (most people think I'm making more than what I state). Having my dyno sheet is just evidence and not used to intimidate anyone. If anything, I use my dyno sheet to direct other ls1 owners to improve upon my mistake, thats what I believe to being a true car enthusiast is all about.

Hell, I've met two people at the Bubbles meet with 500rwhp TT 350z and G35. Really cool guys too...I'm supposed to have a friendly drive with one of them soon.

BTW...I've also encountered the white supercharged NSX several weeks ago or longer and been coming to the meets in hopes of shaking his hand and telling him that his car was badass and fast.

Overall, the mature response I've recieved from all of you guys online shows me that you all have class and I won't spoiler your meets with stupid actions.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:17 AM

writing a book?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Methanol inj,Mar 4 2007, 01:44 PM] QUOTE (SOHCmyDOHC @ Mar 4 2007, 01:20 AM)

I also heard that the guy w/ the camaro carries his dyno sheet with him??

I think I'll bring the mango next time along w/ the other F20 swaps.

rhayward Posted on Mar 4 2007, 05:52 AM

yeah he does actually have spoke him a few times he is a cool guy

totally your homie would be but ill pass this friday cuz ill be at HIN

rhayward,

Anybody and everybody who actually speaks to me in person knows I'm just there to have a good time, talk cars, and a occational "spirited drive" depending on conditions.

If I have disrespected anyone in the meet, confront me (I don't bite), and I will appologize to you, because I have respect for all models of cars and their owners.

What upsets me is when people try to instigate something without asking me in person first hand...
i have spoke to you at the the meet and we both understand eachothers views of the meet...and i have not seen any negative comments here on the board about you..and have not heard any cuz most of us have spoken to you have the same response

take it in stirde when people talk about your dyno sheet...no worries dude

id be like hell i gotz my shit

back in the day when the runs used to happen i guy in a viper used to come out and have his dyno numbers taped to his window...so its not knew to me

Old 03-05-2007, 09:30 AM

Having your dyno sheet with you is fine by my standards, most of my customers have them in their glovebox simply because after we dyno their car they just stuff in there with their other invoices.

Love your Camaro "perfect sleeper" aside having the hood propped up. (get yourself a cowl induction)

The friday meet, it has grown from being a S2000/NSX meet to all out import / euro / domestic car show someone is bound to want to have a "sprited" run, "Just say No"
Old 03-05-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by apexnsx,Mar 5 2007, 10:30 AM
"Just say No"

Old 03-05-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Methanol inj,Mar 5 2007, 05:10 AM
Andy,

Thank you for clarifying your position. Believe it or not, not all domestics owners know what their looking at when the hood of a car is popped open, let alone import owners.

I'll give you an example...I just came back from a "sprirted drive" with a fully built 427, heads, very, very aggressive cam, etc. camaro tonight. Most people wouldn't be able to recognize one by looking under the hood. Most of the audience gawked at my setup vs. his. What they didn't know was he's pushing 560'ish (without spray) to the rear vs. my 450'ish rwhp. Needless to say, it wasn't very pretty for me!

Believe me when I tell you that there are those who doubt my #'s (most people think I'm making more than what I state). Having my dyno sheet is just evidence and not used to intimidate anyone. If anything, I use my dyno sheet to direct other ls1 owners to improve upon my mistake, thats what I believe to being a true car enthusiast is all about.

Hell, I've met two people at the Bubbles meet with 500rwhp TT 350z and G35. Really cool guys too...I'm supposed to have a friendly drive with one of them soon.

BTW...I've also encountered the white supercharged NSX several weeks ago or longer and been coming to the meets in hopes of shaking his hand and telling him that his car was badass and fast.

Overall, the mature response I've recieved from all of you guys online shows me that you all have class and I won't spoiler your meets with stupid actions.
That's why I got love for all cars!! There was a Festiva w/ a B20 turbo running 10's. I've even seen a dodge colt hatchback w/ a 4G63 running low 10's on street tires!!

Gotta watch out for the sleeper cars!!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM

whats with all the words in here....
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 PM

so are we still meeting friday? or are most passing due to HIN?

or is everyone already aware of what's going on and I just missed the memo somewhere..
Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM

i can meet or i can go LA or lake tahoe or somewher else

Quick Reply: FRIDAYS IN Milpitas BOBA MEEt ...9pm