California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

FOUND-Gamecube component cables

Old 01-23-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOUND-Gamecube component cables

Does anyone have the HD component cables for the gamecube or have a source for them? Nintendo has them on backorder and I'd really like to pick some up. Email me if you have some or know where to get them, thanks.

UPDATE:

Finally found some. I ordered them online a couple of days ago and they shipped them today. The price was pretty close to retail and they are in stock. Just thought I'd pass it along:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-24-70-14s.html
Old 01-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Ash

Let me know if you find this or find where to get them. I've been looking for this for a while without much luck. I have a friend who bought a set off ebay, but I haven't check that recently and when I did, I didn't find them. I also heard that they were available through Nintendo but something about them not making them anymore.

Good luck
Old 01-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Ash

heh.. they do have them on ebay... but I'm not payin those prices... they look like they are goind for around $50-70. When you are payin $99 for the cube/controller/1 game, that much for a cable seems silly.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:29 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but why not just use the SVID cable? CG can't do 16:9 anyway, right? Is the picture really that much better with the component cables??? If so, I gotta get me one too!
Old 01-25-2005, 03:37 PM

No stock status listed but....

http://www.buyritegames.com/product_inform...mber=GC-COMPCAB

http://www.upstategames.com/gc_hw_component.phtml

(both of the above look shady, use caution)

Supposedly available Feb 5th:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=1468

These things sure seem hard to get!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Ash

Originally Posted by saucycg,Jan 25 2005, 04:29 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but why not just use the SVID cable? CG can't do 16:9 anyway, right? Is the picture really that much better with the component cables??? If so, I gotta get me one too!
somewhere I read that the component allows for 60 fps over the current 30fps, meaning it might look sharper. My next tv is gonna have to have at least 3 component ins then!!!

tivo, dvd, game console...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:54 AM

The GC doesn't support 1080i does it? Even on XBox, the 1080i games (Dragon Slayer 3D) for example aren't that impressive. High res, but low poly count so it effectively looks very bland.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by saucycg,Jan 25 2005, 05:29 PM
The games (almost every game made for the GC is progressive scan) are in 16:9/progressive/480p, like resident evil 4 for example but the main reason I need them is because on my LCOS TV composite and svideo looks like crap. I have everything on either DVI or component and it looks awesome. Anyone that has an HDTV should be using component cables or DVI for everything or you're seriously not getting the picture you should be getting. My xbox/ps2/dvd/cable are all HD quality and now with this gamecube and the gimp composite cables, it looks like a$$. Lots of places sell them but since Nintendo is backordered on the cables it will be another couple/few months before any new orders get filled. I know that lik-sang says they will have them feb 5th but I called nintendo and they said that they will not be getting anymore out until march. I was just hoping someone had some local that I could pickup. I'll probably end up just getting raped and picking some up on ebay for $70 which is rediculous.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Halo,Jan 26 2005, 01:54 PM
The GC doesn't support 1080i does it? Even on XBox, the 1080i games (Dragon Slayer 3D) for example aren't that impressive. High res, but low poly count so it effectively looks very bland.
MVP baseball is in 1080i and looks pretty damn good I think. That's the only game I own in 1080i though so I don't have anything to compare with. I think 720p is the best it gets right now. At least the GC does 480p natively on all games.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ash,Jan 26 2005, 05:47 AM
somewhere I read that the component allows for 60 fps over the current 30fps, meaning it might look sharper. My next tv is gonna have to have at least 3 component ins then!!!

tivo, dvd, game console...
Oh yeah the tivo is also only composite/svideo unless you have the $900 HD tivo for directv. It looks like a$$ as well. Hopefully tivo will get with the times and put out a regular unit with HD and digital audio.

Quick Reply: FOUND-Gamecube component cables