California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Fixing my fenders?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by i2ice
Im actually running a very similar setup to you in terms of width/offset, but with a skinnier tire 215/235, and more negative camber. I was able to fit the rear by dialing in max positive camber on the LCA which moves the lower pick up point/wheel tire inwards a good amount, 5 mm? and dialing in the camber using spc camber joints, and of course a fender roller. For the front, i also used the stock camber adjustment on the LCA to pull the wheel closer into the car and dial in camber using spc joints, this is not as necessary because you have more flexibility on how far you want to flare your fender in contrast to the rear. for my front fenders I used a fender roller and flared it to the point i wanted and had a body shop clean it up/paint it. I hope this helps, its definitely doable, but to pull off the stretch tire look you definitely have to tuck tire..other wise go with a less aggressive setup or 17's. because this will look ridiculous at the height and poke, not to start any stretch tire flush debate. see my build thread link in sig for pics/details. and feel free to PM if you have any questions!
Awesome, thanks for your great advice. Your car is an inspiration!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by i2ice
Im actually running a very similar setup to you in terms of width/offset, but with a skinnier tire 215/235, and more negative camber. I was able to fit the rear by dialing in max positive camber on the LCA which moves the lower pick up point/wheel tire inwards a good amount, 5 mm? and dialing in the camber using spc camber joints, and of course a fender roller. For the front, i also used the stock camber adjustment on the LCA to pull the wheel closer into the car and dial in camber using spc joints, this is not as necessary because you have more flexibility on how far you want to flare your fender in contrast to the rear. for my front fenders I used a fender roller and flared it to the point i wanted and had a body shop clean it up/paint it. I hope this helps, its definitely doable, but to pull off the stretch tire look you definitely have to tuck tire..other wise go with a less aggressive setup or 17's. because this will look ridiculous at the height and poke, not to start any stretch tire flush debate. see my build thread link in sig for pics/details. and feel free to PM if you have any questions!
Actually, tried sending your a PM and it said you couldn't receive any new messages.. :S

Here's what I was going to say:

Thanks for your post. It's very helpful.

What camber are you running on your car now? I managed to get --2.4 on the front and -3.4 on the rear with the stock setup.

The front fenders are not far from fitting, so I think I'll be good if I do that, and then lower the car. With the rears though, I think I'll need to stretch a 235 tire on there and then lower it. And I'll probably need more camber, with a SPC kit.

Do you think coilovers and SPC kit, along with front fender flaring, is all I will need?

Thanks again!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Sounds like the BMW fender rolling guy is at it again. Is his name Charbel?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by macr88
Originally Posted by iDashX' timestamp='1320297781' post='21124440
[quote name='macr88' timestamp='1320248779' post='21122086']
[quote name='iDashX' timestamp='1320218073' post='21121176']
don't take it to vex motorsports... thats all i'm saying...
Why is that? Do you have first hand experience?
yes my friend's evo ix. bad roll on one fender and worst on the quarter panel. had to replace the fender.
[/quote]
That sucks, how long ago?
[/quote]

about 8-9 months ago
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CL? BMW forums? Oh lord...here we go again....I hope
It's not the same guy the messed up my fenders.....
Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1
Originally Posted by -outkast-

Was it this guy?
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1511080

It was not the dude Alex but his brother who rolled for me I forgot his name but he did have a white bmw and he came from San Diego. Spunky had left that same week and needed my fenders done so bad . So I made an appointment for roll/pull service soon as I saw his own job on this car I straight up told him I want my fenders rolled instead which came out fine. But will not recommend to go back to him again.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hanzel28
Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1' timestamp='1320300388' post='21124493

Was it this guy?
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1511080

It was not the dude Alex but his brother who rolled for me I forgot his name but he did have a white bmw and he came from San Diego. Spunky had left that same week and needed my fenders done so bad . So I made an appointment for roll/pull service soon as I saw his own job on this car I straight up told him I want my fenders rolled instead which came out fine. But will not recommend to go back to him again.
hmm maybe. He was driving a Dodge Ram, but he said he had a BMW and done lots of BMW. He is also from Saratoga. I forget his name. Nick or something.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by rdougan
Originally Posted by Hanzel28' timestamp='1320354960' post='21126744
[quote name='FromaDB2toanAP1' timestamp='1320300388' post='21124493']

Was it this guy?
http://forums.bimmer...d.php?t=1511080

hmm maybe. He was driving a Dodge Ram, but he said he had a BMW and done lots of BMW. He is also from Saratoga. I forget his name. Nick or something.
[/quote]

Yep thats him! NICK! LMFAO!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hanzel28
Originally Posted by rdougan' timestamp='1320355094' post='21126751
[quote name='Hanzel28' timestamp='1320354960' post='21126744']
[quote name='FromaDB2toanAP1' timestamp='1320300388' post='21124493']

Was it this guy?
http://forums.bimmer...d.php?t=1511080

[/quote]

Yep thats him! NICK! LMFAO!
[/quote]

hah! FML. I just wanted it done too. Ah well, I'll get it fixed.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Owned

Quick Reply: Fixing my fenders?