California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Fix it ticket question

Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fight it!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:13 AM

It's pretty simple. You have a fix it ticket, you have current registration, you put a license plate on the front of the car. you get the ticket signed off. It's $25 fro the ticket, not each offense. You would have to pay the $25 regardless of the the registration portion of the ticket. I don't see what your crying about.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chetly,Apr 12 2010, 09:13 AM
It's pretty simple. You have a fix it ticket, you have current registration, you put a license plate on the front of the car. you get the ticket signed off. It's $25 fro the ticket, not each offense. You would have to pay the $25 regardless of the the registration portion of the ticket. I don't see what your crying about.
I was given a bullshit ticket, was just seeking options to deal with it besides simply admitting something I did not do. Thanks for clearing the fine up, but the last part was unnecessary. You seem like the type of person that assumes everybody knows what you know.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:47 AM

Bullshit ticket or not, you gave the officer bad registration. He had already wrote the ticket before you gave him the new registration. Givin the economic times of Cali he wasn't about to rip the ticket up and start over.

P.S. I only know everything about fix it tickets because I get one about every 6 months or so because of tinted windows and no front plate.

Your welcome... yes I am an A##hole, have a nice day.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 PM

Well asshole or not, thanks.

The point I am trying to make is that the officer never even asked me if I had current registration, he left right after he said that it was expired, but that it was okay. Usually when a cop tells you something is okay, doesn't that mean he isn't going to write you up for it?

That's all. But yeah I'm just going to pay the 25 then, since I have to for the plate anyways.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by jrs2crazzy,Apr 11 2010, 09:27 PM
fight it!!!
AJJA MUWAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 AM

wow... just a month ago i got the same two fix it tickets lol i still havent gotten around to getting them signed off... my front bumper doesnt have any holes for a front plate
Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 AM

So I read all the posts in this thread and I'm trying to understand why your friends name is on the ticket instead of your name. Were you driving his car or was your friend driving your car? The driver of whatever vehicle they are driving, whether be it theirs or not, will get the ticket. So since your friends name is on the ticket, he's responsible for getting it signed off and the fine.

And only fight it if its worth it. Fix it tickets arent worth the hassle. The fine isn't much to fight worth the time being in court. If it was a speeding or any other traffic violation, you could have a better case with much more variables involved.

And the fine doesn't go up if you fight a fix it ticket in court. What others are trying to say is if you don't have it fixed within the allotted time limit then it will go up. If you don't get it fixed and get pulled over for the same infraction fines will be more.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 AM

Oh noo my friend was in the passenger seat. But the cop asked for both our driver licenses, and I guess he wrote the wrong information on the ticket. I'm trying to get this dealt with asap because I don't want my friend to have to worry about it, since it's under his record atm.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 AM

i heard some people in the past have gotten in contact with the officer who wrote the ticket, maybe you can try to get a hold of him to see his thoughts on the ticket?

Quick Reply: Fix it ticket question