California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Five Star Autobody (San Bruno)

Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Five Star Autobody (San Bruno)

Has anyone gotten their fenders rolled at this place or any work done here? I need my fenders rolled and I kind of rather have it "professionally" done just in case I mess up. He's charging me $150 for all four fenders but doesn't cover if the paint chips. He said 90% of the time the paint will chip but its not guaranteed. Just need a good place to get my fenders rolled before I install my coilovers and drop my car. Or does anyone know of a good place/person that can roll fenders and can vouch for them? TIA
Old 02-17-2009, 01:26 PM

I've heard nothing but great things about Boris and the rest of the 5star team.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by still,Feb 17 2009, 02:26 PM
I've heard nothing but great things about Boris and the rest of the 5star team.
thanks for the input! anyone else?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sliq,Feb 17 2009, 12:39 PM
Has anyone gotten their fenders rolled at this place or any work done here? I need my fenders rolled and I kind of rather have it "professionally" done just in case I mess up. He's charging me $150 for all four fenders but doesn't cover if the paint chips. He said 90% of the time the paint will chip but its not guaranteed. Just need a good place to get my fenders rolled before I install my coilovers and drop my car. Or does anyone know of a good place/person that can roll fenders and can vouch for them? TIA
150 for 4 fenders is awsome deal !
Old 02-17-2009, 02:22 PM

Wait.. 90% the paint WILL chip.. or it WON'T?

Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Are you running some aggressive wheels or just slamming the shit out of your car? I dont get why your rolling the fenders if your just putting coilovers on the ride?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Feb 17 2009, 03:22 PM
Wait.. 90% the paint WILL chip.. or it WON'T?

he told me 90% of the time when you roll your fenders the paint WILL chip so it wont be his fault if he does it and the paint chips. he said he has a heat gun and will heat the fender before rolling it and all. i told him that i can get a fender roller and he said to bring that in and we'll see how things go. i just dont want to go there and have a shitty job done and then be forced to pay for painting the fenders.

will touch up paint from honda fix the problem if the paint starts to chip?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Frshnsokln,Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM
Are you running some aggressive wheels or just slamming the shit out of your car? I dont get why your rolling the fenders if your just putting coilovers on the ride?
im looking to tuck all 4 tires and want that extra clearance. i love the look of slammed cars and ive always wanted to slam my car. and now that i have coilovers to do that i want to do it right the first time
Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sliq,Feb 17 2009, 04:39 PM
he told me 90% of the time when you roll your fenders the paint WILL chip so it wont be his fault if he does it and the paint chips. he said he has a heat gun and will heat the fender before rolling it and all. i told him that i can get a fender roller and he said to bring that in and we'll see how things go. i just dont want to go there and have a shitty job done and then be forced to pay for painting the fenders.

Eh.. I'm pretty sure you can get away with no chipping most of the time if done carefully. I'd stay far away from a place almost guaranteeing they WILL f.ck you paint.

With that said, no touch up paint won't solve the problem. It'll only make it look worse.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sliq,Feb 17 2009, 04:39 PM

everyone i spoke to just used a heat gun and had no problems wht so ever. hard to believe this shop more or less will gurantee that its gonna chip.

Quick Reply: Five Star Autobody (San Bruno)