California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

First day of ownership/ saw 2 S2K's in San Ramon

Old 04-03-2001, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jas2k
It looked like you were enjoying yourself and singing along to some tunes.
Something about this car does that to me. I never behave like that in any of my other cars. I guess it just brings out the kid in me!
Old 04-03-2001, 02:31 PM

Hey, you don't have to explain it to me. This car is having the same effect on me as well. Ever since Saturday, I have been like a little kid with a new toy on Christmas!!
Old 04-03-2001, 09:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Pleasanton/Danville/San Ramon/Concord etc. S2K-types...we gotta get a little meet going. All that cross-the-Bay stuff and Peninsula "Hookey Days" are great but we have a budding community over here and plenty of great rides without enduring any bridges or other bottlenecks. What say you??

I am fairly starved out here in Livermore for fellow travelers but the exclusivity is not all bad. Always good for a converstion while gassing up in town. By the way anyone out there have a silver/black from Vacaville Honda and work at John Muir??

And Jim, a public welcome to augment the previous PM's!
Old 04-08-2001, 09:47 AM

Hey, I'm another Livermore owner, and my business is in Pleasanton. A Valley Group (Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, etc.) sounds great. We have some great mountain roads and some good Winery restaurants in Livermore for a meet. I drive a Silver/Red. I see a Silver/Black, and a Red (mostly driven by a female) in Livermore a lot. What color is yours?
Old 04-08-2001, 11:54 PM

My B/B S2000 is being shipped from the east coast and it is scheduled to arrive on Saturday. I hear we're supposed to have some good weather this coming weeked. We should get together for an informal meet/lunch. Ideas?
Old 04-10-2001, 03:52 AM

Will someone please step forward and select a date for this East Bay get together?

I'll be travelling quite a bit during the next few weeks, but if I'm in town, I would like to meet with the rest of you. The travel involves a week in a rental car, a few days off, then about a week in my minivan, another week off, then finally two weeks in the S2000. I'll post a trip report on the S2000 trip. It will be interesting to see how much I like the car after about 12 back to back days of 300-400 mile driving per day.

'00 S2000 in Red.
Old 04-10-2001, 08:00 AM

I am proposing Friday 4/20 starting in or around Livermore destination Winters!! Any takers?? Start kinda late morning-ish?? Huh??
Old 04-10-2001, 09:19 AM

I am in. In another thread I had mentioned it would be cool to do a Calaveras Rd/Mines Rd/backroad from Vasco to Blackhawk to Walnut Creek run. I dont know if that is something any of you are in for, but I will go just about anywhere. the 20th is good for me so far.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:22 AM

Selfishly I am thinking of starting further north around our area. There is a killer breakfast place in Livermore, The Railroad Cafe which is good for a meeting place. I have some suggestions here at work about a route through Suisun that includes a very beautiful twisting road up toward Berryessa and progressing to "charming" Winters and The Buckhorn. But I am in for whatever
Old 01-01-2003, 05:27 PM

I just joined the S2K exclusive owner's club here in the San Ramon area. I have the red one and will keep an eye out for my fellow S2K ers!
Norris Canyon twisty, back country road has been my VTEC playground..what a blast!!

Quick Reply: First day of ownership/ saw 2 S2K's in San Ramon