California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

First day of ownership/ saw 2 S2K's in San Ramon

Old 04-01-2001, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So,I took my S2K for a Sunday drive on my first full day of ownership (just got a silver/black yesterday) It was awsome!! Except I am still getting a grinding noise upon take off from a dead stop as I let the clutch out. May have to take it in.

I saw 2 Silver S2K's in San Ramon at about 2:15 today, was that anyone on this board? I wavied to one of them at the corner of Crow Canyon and Crow Canyon Place.

Anyway, can't wait until the next East Bay get together so I can meet some of you.
Old 04-01-2001, 07:38 PM

jas2k:

Welcome to the club! You will find that this group of car owners will be able to answer just about anything related to our cars and a lot of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with our cars. It's a knowledgable collection of people.

I'll bet that you are going to really like this car. Don't VTEC it until 600 miles! And, you definitely made the right color choice. I believe I saw in another post that you got the car for MSRP. Nice job, especially here in the Bay. I am curious, about how many miles were on your car at the time of purchase?

I hope to see you on the road or at the next meet.

-DD-
Old 04-01-2001, 07:52 PM

Welcome, jas2k. Might have been me. Sorry I didn't wave, but I must have missed you. Saw a blk/blk there yesterday and we both waived, wearing big grins. BTW -- you'll really love it after 600 miles but the wait is def. worth it.

We'll have to get a few S2Ks together for a ride here in P-Town/SRV soon; seems like there's a few of us on this board. I put 250 miles on this weekend, all in the east bay hills.
Enjoy the car and nice color choice!

-Stookster
Old 04-01-2001, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome and advice guys!!

dillehay- To answer your question about how many miles my car had on it, only 8. It just came off the truck on Friday afternoon and hadn't even been preped when I got to the dealer.

stookster- Yes, we should definately get a group of drivers together really soon from the Pleasanton, Livermore, San Ramon areas, and anyone else who wants to join for that matter. Wow, 250 miles today, did you bother to stop for lunch??

Hope to meet all of you soon.

[Edited by jas2k on 04-01-2001 at 09:24 PM]
Old 04-01-2001, 10:17 PM

Next meet is supposed to be in the East Bay. we decided on one of the runs that we need to rotate the locations, so that all the bay area S2k'ers can enjoy the drives and see the best roads in each area! its now the East Bay's turn to be "terrorized" by a bunch of Stookers! Maybe some of you will volunteer to set up a date and a course? Its typically pretty informal anyways, but it is really cool to have 10+ S2k's at any on eplace making a total scene and spectacle of ourselves.

Welcome Jas2k! We know you will have alot of fun...as soon as the break in period is over. Until then, cruising at under 6k rpm still allows for you to drive top down with your ear to ear grin. careful, after a long drive, your cheek muscles might be sore from all that smiling!
Old 04-01-2001, 10:42 PM
tsw

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hi jas2k,
you know what? your car may have very well been mine...
i was at san leandro honda last sunday, and they offered the car to me at 1 or 2K over... but i told them i got another offer at MSRP, but i would rather wait for the "brand" new off the truck one...
they couldn't do it on the spot, so i went to buy mine at MSRP from another dealer.
the sales lady called me back the next day and i think tried to offer it to me at MSRP cuz end of month, but i told her i got it already....
i couldn't miss this whole week of wonderful weather!
congrats, but hope you get your problems solved...
i got some problem with my clutch i have to solve too.. =/
Old 04-01-2001, 10:50 PM

Can't believe I just found the "Bay Area" piece of this board. Anyway, if I didn't wave it was cause I didn't notice...sorry bout that if it was me.

See note below:

Author Thread

MachOne
1st Gear

04-01-2001 10:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was treating my daughter and her friend to lunch today at TGI Friday's on San Ramon Blvd. When I came out there was another silver Stook parked right next to me. Brand spanking new. I left you a note and directed you to this forum. Are you here?

Also, met Ron with a brand spanking new red Stook. Sent him here also.

Welcome new owners!

yu888
3rd Gear

04-01-2001 11:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...?threadid=10626
This was just posted in the Bay Area forum. maybe he's the Newbie you saw? Always its always cool to find others who are appreciating the fine cars that we have the pleasure of owning and driving! I think we need cards so we can drop off info to direct them here, yes?
Y2k S2K #1435 (Toy)
(Top down ALWAYS Top down)
Silverstone/ Blk w/ Mingster Aeroscreen I & II, Smokin Grill Screen, Clear Sidemarkers, J&R Filter...

1999 Acura TL Silver (Commuter)

All times are PT (US)
Old 04-02-2001, 07:24 AM

Hey yu888, come to mention it my cheek muscles are a little sore today from all of that smiling yesterday.

Also tsw, if I did get the car you almost purchased, THANKS!! Had it not been for San Leandro calling me on Saturday, I would have waited until May to get one from Livermore where I alreday had a deposit.

Lets all get together soon.
Old 04-03-2001, 01:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jas2k
[B]
I saw 2 Silver S2K's in San Ramon at about 2:15 today, was that anyone on this board?
Old 04-03-2001, 02:09 PM

Yes Humanatek, that was me and my girlfriend. It looked like you were enjoying yourself and singing along to some tunes. Actually, I was heading to Black Hawk Plaza as I continue to strive towards reaching that 600 mile break in milestone. Thanks for the welcome and hopefully we will meet soon.

Quick Reply: First day of ownership/ saw 2 S2K's in San Ramon